Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
I am a big supporter of Senate Bill S1603 and have been involved in this bill since around 1992 when it was first submitted. I attended the Meeting in Boston at the State House on Sept 29th 2005 when the bill was heard by the public safety committe.. We all need to keep pushing this on the Rep's and Senators in order to keep interest on this bill, The more of them that are educated in what we are trying to do with this bill the better off we are !!!
http://www.mass.gov/legis/bills/senate/st01/st01603.htm
http://www.ma911.org/Retirement/RetireMain.htm
Rogers WPD
Senate, No. 1603

Presented by: Senator Steven A. Tolman

Petition of Steven A. Tolman for legislation to further regulate pensions of police and fire dispatchers and emergency medical services.

01/26/05 S Referred to the committee on Public Service
01/26/05 H House concurred
Public Hearing date Sep 29 am at 10:30 in Room B-1

·
Registered
7 Posts
ANNOUNCING
ANNUAL MEETING
OF
THE MASSACHUSETTS COMMUNICATIONS
SUPERVISORS ASSOCIATION

Wednesday November 2, 2005
The Publick House, Sturbridge, MA*
10:00 AM

RSVP required; please call or email Leslie Carroll
(781-314-3625; [email protected])

Some exciting things have happend in the last year!
The Academy is moving along
There is action on 911 Retirement
And more...

Come join us to swap tales, learn who got new jobs, who's got the new 911 equipment (and how much of it is working), see if the Publick House has swapped that old retro barn-board for some nice new modern Marlite!

Oh, and we'll also conduct our Annual Association Business too.

* Mass Pike to Exit 9; take Sturbridge/Charleton exit for Rt-20 west; left onto Rt-131 (toward Southbridge); quarter mile past State Police Barracks.

This meeting in open to all Massachusetts Dispatchers

·
Registered
46 Posts
This certainly needs to happen state wide. I truly believe dispatchers should get the same retirement as police officers and fire fighters. However, I don't see that happening any time soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just to let everyone know, Senate Bill #1603 is for Group 2 retirement NOT Group 4 which is what many police and fire are in. The dispatchers are not asking for Group 4..
You can read more about it at the link below.

http://www.ma911.org/Retirement/One%20Page%20Fact%20Sheet%204-14-05.pdf

"This certainly needs to happen state wide. I truly believe dispatchers should get the same retirement as police officers and fire fighters. However, I don't see that happening any time soon."

·
Registered
46 Posts
D1 said:
Just to let everyone know, Senate Bill #1603 is for Group 2 retirement NOT Group 4 which is what many police and fire are in. The dispatchers are not asking for Group 4..
You can read more about it at the link below.

http://www.ma911.org/Retirement/One%20Page%20Fact%20Sheet%204-14-05.pdf

"This certainly needs to happen state wide. I truly believe dispatchers should get the same retirement as police officers and fire fighters. However, I don't see that happening any time soon."
I worded my post wrong, dispatchers should already have group 2...I understand they don't so this bill needs to go through. However, I believe they should get group 4 just like most police officers and firefighters. I think most government retirement plans need to be revamped.:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Revamped is an understatement! Our retirement system needs complete reconstruction! The age based system only penalizes anyone starting their career young. You have to work for 35 years to make it worthwhile...What we need is for the 75/25 Bill (don't remember the number) to push and pass. However, this Bill has been around for many years as well and, to my knowledge, only the MSP has this type of retirement package under Group 3. The current system is aweful compared to many in the country where OT wages are included in the calculation and where Cops can retire at 20-25 years regardless of age with a decent package. Gotta love Massachusetts....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.