Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: The Police Bracelet Fund

Any idea if they have a similar one for Firefighters?

I just purchased one of these.

Jeremie

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts

None that I know of, maybe the members at Firehouse might know....

·
Registered
371 Posts
Any word on the turn around. I ordered one on 12/11 and haven't heard anything yet. Shows up on my PayPal, though.

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts

speedracer is supposed to have them by the 28th from the factory and will be sending out all the orders after that.

Here is a picture of the actual bracelet.

·
Registered
267 Posts
These bracelet are becoming so popular nowadays and the number of different organizations jumping on the band wagon to raise money with them is skyrocketing. Do we really need a rubber band around our wrist to display that we give good causes. Its very egotistical IMO.
What happened the the days for mailing an check and remaining anonymous.

On another note these bracelets are also becoming popular in the school system for other reasons. Read this..
http://www.sex-bracelets.com/

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts

The sex bracelets are entirely different. Those were cool when I was like in the 3rd grade. Back then they were just a fad, they didn't have any special meanings like they do today. But I digress...

Most of the proceeds from the HONOR bracelet are going to the FOP and the Police Memorial in DC. It's for a good cause, IMHO, and shows support for LEOs. What's wrong with supporting law enforcement and showing it? :?

·
Subscribing Member
1,322 Posts

I know these bracelets and the yellow ones are for a really good cause and I honestly feel that supporting both is a noble thing to do I also have to add that I think they look like total crap in uniform. I know that sounds insensitive but I'm a firm believer that to the uniformed public it just looks like the officer forgot to take off his/her "over 21" wristband from the club the night before. Call me traditional but I think that the only thing that belongs on anyone's wrist while in uniform is a watch and a Medical Alert if recommended.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts

Irish I agree that it is for a good cause but I know I won't wear one on duty.

For the record I have received an email inquiring if MassCops endorses the bracelet, the answer is obviously yes and it was at the suggestion of Officer Dunngeon.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Dunngeon that is why I love you.

Gil, Looks like the Fire Service has nothing like this. I am working on get them made to support a yet to be determined Fire Service Fund/Organization/Association on a national level.

We have the color, red of course. Trying to find the write word is harder. I like "Bravest". Manly because more none Fire Service people will be purchasing these then people in the fire service. I am getting a lot of email traffic requesting "Brotherhood" for the word.

I am wondering what word you all think would be good. Please ask firefighters you know what word they think should be on such a Bracelet. Does not have to be "Bravest" or "Brotherhood".

Any feed back from all of you and anyone you know in the Fire Service would be helpful.

Jeremie
[email protected]

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts

Gil";p="50791 said:
For the record I have received an email inquiring if MassCops endorses the bracelet, the answer is obviously yes and it was at the suggestion of Officer Dunngeon.
Oh hell, I can't take all the credit... Gil helped out a little too! :L:

Who loves ya, baby? :wub:

·
Czar of Cyncism and Satire
2,070 Posts
MCOA,
How about "Foundation Saver" or "Paid To Sleep"? LOL The only municipal job where a bed is actually issued to you. What a gig!!

·
BOOM!
1,353 Posts
For the longest time I resisted the yellow Lance Armstrong "LiveStrong" bracelets. While I have compassion to those who are battling cancer and those who have survived, I always thought they were trendy. I think what really turned me off was when I saw John Kerry magically start wearing one. He was down in the polls, recognized the growing popularity of the bracelets and, true to his self serving nature, started to wear one. Something tells me he isn't wearing one now that he isn't on camera all the time. Anyway, my girlfriends mother brought home a half dozen or so one day for her kids and me. She gave them to all of us and she started to cry. She is a breast cancer survivor and is very active in the cause. When I saw her crying, it made me realize how important the cause is to people and how strongly they feel about it. She said that she didn't have alot of money to donate and help those that helped her but this little 1$ bracelet was her way of letting people know that she cared and her way of getting people to think about the disease and those fighting it. Needless to say, I started to wear one when I saw how much it meant to her.

I will be purchasing some of the police bracelets as well.

·
Subscribing Member
944 Posts
Zuke";p="50635 said:
These bracelet are becoming so popular nowadays and the number of different organizations jumping on the band wagon to raise money with them is skyrocketing. Do we really need a rubber band around our wrist to display that we give good causes. Its very egotistical IMO.
What happened the the days for mailing an check and remaining anonymous.

On another note these bracelets are also becoming popular in the school system for other reasons. Read this..
http://www.sex-bracelets.com/
Purple: anal sex (alternate meaning: holding hands, doggy style)
Ha ha ha
Why are you trying to F my A ?!?!?! I thought you wanted to hold my hand?? :p

Scott :rock:

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
I'll go with Dunny :inlove: on this one, I think it should be "Courage".

In the movie Ladder 49, a quote from John Travolta at the end says it all "People often ask how a firefighter can run INTO a burning building when everyone else is running out?.... COURAGE is the answer"

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
I really think it's a great idea.

I almost hate to say this about the word "Brotherhood" because I don't want to be accused of man-hating again ( :roll: ), but there are female firefighters and I just don't think the word is fair, even figuratively. Besides, it doesn't really describe the heart and soul of firefighters... "brotherhood" could describe Freemasons or even an Elks lodge or something.

"Bravest" is okay, but a little arrogant sounding... hey, cops are brave too, as are soldiers, etc. Maybe "Bravery" instead...?

The police bracelet has "Honor" for self explanatory reasons, and I also think that word is fitting because even though cops get a bad rap at times, they still hold their heads high and do what they gotta do.

I really like the word "Courage" for firefighters... of course, that's just my opinion. To run into a burning structure of any sort... you gotta have some balls (figuratively, :lol: )! I think it's a very dignified word.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i have been looking for a fire one myself after seeing the HONOR one. no luck yet though. i think either a black with red 343 or red with black 343 would be nice with the profits going to those families.

·
Registered
31 Posts
We were told to stop wearing the yellow ones. Seems that that is the bracelet that the local hospitals use to identify a DNR!

And I agree with an earlier writer-they look chintzy in uniform. Whatever happened to the uniform rules?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.