Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

MassCops Founder
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Police fight profiling order

Four local police departments have appealed a state order to collect more data on traffic stops in an ongoing study of alleged racial profiling.

Foxboro, Mansfield, North Attleboro and Wrentham are among 124 police departments that have appealed the request to Attorney General Tom Reilly, according to a list Reilly's office provided The Sun Chronicle on Friday.

Reilly is reviewing the appeal.

Wrentham Police Chief Joseph Collamati Jr. said he based his appeal on what he called questionable methodology used to determine driving population estimates. He declined to comment further.

http://www.thesunchronicle.com/articles/2004/07/10/city/city3.txt

Registered
The 'chimaera' of profiling is well known to most cops: if a citizen doesn't want to be stopped, merely obey the law! If the alleged profiling is happening on the dogwatch, please explain to me how one can identify the race/creed/color/sexual orientation/planet of origin of the operator/occupants of the vehicle in front of one???

Sadly, I must confess to the sin of racism: all my citations for the past 3.5 years have been to white folks (of non-hispanic origin)! 8)

This is just one more way for the 'leaders' of minority communities (and other demagogues) to energize their power-base to sate their lust for power. :BM:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.