Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Police Detail News (merged Threads)

195K views 1K replies 208 participants last post by  topcop14 
Re: Police Detail slashed in transportation refrom pitch

How about a cut in welfare or section 8 benefits. You know, the FREE GOVERNMENT HANDOUT that many lazy people are taking to sit on the couch, smoke cigarettes and watch Oprah, that would save big $$. Oh that's right, we need to help those poor unfortunate people....together we can.

Hey Chief,

I hate to break it to you but there are plenty of places in this State where Troopers from the barracks have to assist the locals all of the time, for a variety of calls and to watch their prisoners. We do not get or expect any of the detail/road jobs in these areas. The bottom line is that it bothers the crap out of Foxboro that the MSP is working Route 1 in any capacity.

So if you do not expect to get any details in those areas then why should you expect details on state roads that I patrol??

As well they should if Foxboro PD is answering the calls for service. Answer me this (besides it is a state roadway)why should MSP get details on state roads that locals patrol and answer calls for service??

Bottom line is when our union contacted the troop hq detail/barracks CO office to discuss this they basically say oh well, piss off. Now is that fair or working in cooperation?
Ok, so have your union head contact the MSP and tell us You will no longer cover anything on any State Roads..... of course this reduction in your work may result in no hiring, no details, and possibly a layoff, but the increase for State services will certainly get those RTT's rolling again.

The fact remains that it goes up peoples backside that we "public servants" have the audacity to make 100k a year (gasp!) It's ok though that every CEO in this country makes millions in bonus money that we all pay for (ie. higher utility bills, "cost deductions" on your 401k accounts). I'm tired of hearing that our salaries are tax dollars, the regular joe pays for all salaries, in the business world it's called overhead.

I just can't wait to get my rebate on my property tax, Verizon bill, Nstar bill, and State income tax....... I mean ALL this money that is going to be saved with Flagmen....... I can get that Rolls Royce I always wanted!

Then there'll be accusations of slow response to those crashes.

Wait till the first wackerific flag waving hero gets blown away trying to do police work.
Come on now, that wackerific flagman will certainly be the brother in law of a beacon hill hack which means those flag jobs will turn into no-show jobs, can't get hit if your not there to begin with

I would like to see just one article by one of these "journalists" that doesn't put the word lucrative in front of Police Details. In these days of "journalism" the truth is the first casualty.

There should be an article in the "newspaper" every day about the salaries of the executives at Shaw's Supermarket and Gulf Gas, I mean these costs are trickled down directly to the consumer costing you money at the register/ pump ;). I always say to people that if you are a consumer of any goods and or services, part of the price of that good or service is employee pay and benefits, IT IS BUILT INTO EVERYTHING YOU PURCHASE :mad:

Every single officer in the Foxborough PD that wants to work the Pats game can, and they still have to "farm" out work to other local PD's. So why is the State working Route 1 an issue? Work is not being taken away from Foxborough.

Perhaps because the MSP is making noise about wanting to take over the stadium (see above posts)?
I have worked that detail quite often and have never heard from anyone in authority a desire to takeover the stadium, the talk has always been Foxborough wanting to boot the MSP from Rt. 1. (regardless of any posts on this thread)

Re: Article in Gloucester Newspaper

Anyone catch or hear about the Letter to the Editor regarding the bridge work in Gloucester? More complaining about slow traffic flow/flagmen/Troopers/etc.

I had that detail today and I was out of my cruiser for all 8 hours. These people were FLYING by me, and because of the narrow width of the bridge, I literally had 3-4 inches to spare between me and side view mirrors.

The traffic IS slow for about 30 minutes during the morning commute, but these people are complaining they're seeing Troopers sitting in cruisers wasting gas. Regardless of whether I was directing traffic or not, when one lane is getting by, one lane is getting by. I can't wave harder, faster, or more convincingly to make traffic move in a sraight line. As a matter of fact, I was trying to slow these people down most of the time.

As far as seeing Troopers in their cruisers... I gues we're not allowed to have a short lunch break, take 5 minutes to warm up, or simply take a few minutes to get away from the windtunnel that is created by 60 Mile an Hour projectiles that are only inches away.
I love the people who make the wasting gas comments.... they apparently are unfamiliar with the concept of emergency lights not running straight off your battery....f'ing dimwits.

This was proposed when the issue of flagman started to look like it really had steam. A statewide flat rate system for details was proposed and we were told flat out "this isn't about the money."
Correct. It's only about the money when we are getting it. As long as the money is pumped into the pockets of the ex-con flag men then there is no problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.