·
Subscribing Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Police Car Show
New Britain CT

Police to host car show

By MEGAN CLAIR , Staff Writer 05/10/2004

NEW BRITAIN -- The police department will host the Northeast Law Enforcement Car Show to help promote a relationship between residents and area officers.

"An event like this allows the public to see us in a different light," said New Britain officer Brett Beatty, project chairman. "Oftentimes, residents only get to see us when something bad is happening; the car show allows us to have the residents get involved with our work."

Beatty began planning for the car show and recruiting police departments from across the state and New England in January.

"My brother, Ronald Beatty, who works for a police department in Seward, Neb., started the car show program out there," Beatty said. "I wanted to bring it here because I thought it would be a good way to bring other officers and the community together."

The event will host a competition involving 50 vehicles, including police cars and special operations vehicles such as boats and jet skis from forces in Connecticut and the Massachusetts State Police Department.

The vehicles will be on display May 29 at Selectro, 585 East Main St., from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The show will also present awards to the vehicles in categories including "best-looking police car" and "best-looking D.A.R.E. car."

Following the car show, the vehicles on display will participate in a Red and Blue Light Cruise parade.

"We haven't set a route yet, but I believe all of the vehicles will drive throughout downtown with their lights on," Beatty said.

All children 12 years old and younger will be admitted to the show free. Adults can attend the car display for $3.

Beatty said all proceeds raised from the event will be donated to the Greater New Britain Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 25. The funds will then be disbursed to other charities.

Megan Clair can be reached at [email protected] or by calling (860) 225-4601, ext 223.

http://www.newbritainherald.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=11618399&BRD=1641&PAG=461&dept_id=10110&rfi=6

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.