Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an actual tale. Dept's name not revealed because I think it is a great agency. But one knob always slips in. This one says desk jockey all over it.

I am running radar in the BDL on an interstate. A MV jumps into the BDL 3/4 of a mile prior to the exit. Approaches cruiser and just misses it. Passes cruiser then pulls completely back into BDL. Of course, I am like, "what did I just see" and then a MV stop is conducted. I approach the female and ask for Lic/Reg. She only has reg. in hand. I ask why did she pull into BDL, go around a cruiser and then pull back in. "I wanted to take this exit" is the response. She then starts talking in a hushed "no confidence" tone which I can't hear w/ the usual 85 mph car & truck traffic behind me. I ask if she has any ID on her. A "no" is barely heard. I return to the cruiser and write the cite. Upon return she produces a new registration w/ blue light authorization on it. She says' " Here, will this do? It says blue lights on it". I then ask why does she need blue lights. "I am a SGT on *&%$#^ Police. I use them one details." Oh really. Remember, she has absolutely no ID on her. A cell call is made and her status as a SGT/PO is verified. So I go up to the good SGT and wonder why she did what she did in front of me. Well again she states she was just taking the exit. Also, she wonders what I was doing there. I told her I was running radar. The experienced SGT then says I should have had my hazards on. She would have noticed me sooner. I told her that Troopers and police officers in general do not use hazard lights when running radar in the BDL and that most interstate stationary positions are in the BDL ( This one was wider due to a pull off area) She still didn't get. I told her that I have alot of respect for her Dept, but I shouldn't have to explain police procedures to a SGT. Esp. one from a busy dept like hers. I walked away. By the way, I was courteous as always w/ a fellow police officer. Even w/ one like this.

·
1,334 Posts
Must not make it out of the station too much, huh? Has never seen a cruiser on a radar assignment in the BDL??? All you have to do is hop on the Mass Pike, Rte. 95/128, 495, or any other highway. Your kidding, hazard lights on while running radar? :shock: Just put your lightbar on next time to make it more obvious.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I am by no means sticking up for her...but was she blonde (I wouldn't know her - don't live in the area)...but honestly...I hate to say it...but blondes do really have their moments. The other night I forgot the word for "pot"...It just happens sometimes. Not too often but every now and then.

But she is pretty stupid.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:shock: No picture ID, I wonder if that was the Sgt. or her sister, or some close relative.

·
Subscribing Member
944 Posts
What a dope. Next time ask her to face you then lick the palm of your hand and then proceed to slap her in the forehead = a dope slap.

Scott :pc:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sgt.berniedo @ Tue 07 Dec said:
:shock: No picture ID, I wonder if that was the Sgt. or her sister, or some close relative.
I matched the RMV pic of her on the laptop and it matched.
Someone else must have another story of someone who is a PO on paper, but not mentally. I don't mind those PO's sitting inside all day. As long as they are not inputting my payroll.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I matched the RMV pic of her on the laptop and it matched.
Someone else must have another story of someone who is a PO on paper, but not mentally. I don't mind those PO's sitting inside all day. As long as they are not inputting my payroll.
I know a chief like that! Some folks have been riding a desk too long. :HS:

·
Subscribing Member
1,209 Posts
Thats odd. :shock:

I wish our captain would ride his desk......to the moon. :roll:
CHAOS=Captain,Has,Arrived,On,Scene

·
1,952 Posts
kttref said:
I am by no means sticking up for her...but was she blonde (I wouldn't know her - don't live in the area)...but honestly...I hate to say it...but blondes do really have their moments. The other night I forgot the word for "pot"...It just happens sometimes. Not too often but every now and then.

But she is pretty stupid.
You really rag on blondes don't you?

·
Banned
117 Posts
stm4710 said:
Thats odd. :shock:

I wish our captain would ride his desk......to the moon. :roll:
CHAOS=Captain,Has,Arrived,On,Scene
I dont doubt that. Some command officers let the authority go to their head. There is a Sgt. at MPD that just recently got promoted. He has let the authority go to his head so much that he carries the attitude back to his home, as it was said by the Sgt.'s wife.

·
Grim reaper
1,361 Posts
This isn't quite the same type story but how about a cop assigned to the dept's Traffic Bureau (that's TRAFFIC BUREAU!) and wrote only FOUR tickets for an entire calendar year. I Sh&t you not.... :shock:

·
1,334 Posts
Re: re: PO never been on the road?

USMCTrooper said:
This isn't quite the same type story but how about a cop assigned to the dept's Traffic Bureau (that's TRAFFIC BUREAU!) and wrote only FOUR tickets for an entire calendar year. I Sh&t you not.... :shock:
Only Four tickets and worked in the traffic division??? :lol: What does that say about the officer and supervisors for that matter to allow that happen. You have to love some of the people in this profession...they make us look so good. Was he out IOD the entire year???

·
Grim reaper
1,361 Posts
This particular cop worked evenings in the traffic bureau. He was not out aside from vac days, comp days, etc. Duties included booking crashes on the shift too-so that being said, in a 12 month period he wrote only four tickets (that means actually used a pen to write them). :shock:

Since the MSP don't have a "traffic bureau" persay, you can assume correctly he isn't a Trooper.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts