Plymouth R/I A Starting March 5th | Page 2 | MassCops

Plymouth R/I A Starting March 5th

Discussion in 'Reserve / Auxiliary' started by NytroCop, Feb 22, 2007.

1. cchc28

cchc28 Wanna Talk About It?

do you still have cardalino for criminal law?

2. MCPHS401

MCPHS401 MassCops Member

Yeah, i dont have the Syllabus in front of me but I believe thats who we have.

3. cchc28

hes a great guy!

4. MCPHS401

MCPHS401 MassCops Member

We just got the criminal law and criminal procedures text books today, criminal law is fun, constitutional is the killer

5. NytroCop

NytroCop New Member

I'm just glad that I don't have to shove those things into binders. Just got my big ole binder and sheet savers today at Staples. Going to type up my notes and hide my handouts away.

CORI should be good on Monday... Hope they don't just go over what's in it but also how the thing works, in detail.

Tuesday should be the real treat with the Mass State Police presenting Commercial Vehicle Stops. I really look forward to that b/c that's one of the major threats these days (moving vans [i.e. Timothy McVey], semi's, etc.) I look forward to it. Better put an extra buff in my boots that day.

AJ

6. wildman13

wildman13 New Member

Hey i am going to go through the plymouth county reserve academy this fall and i was wondering what the application process was like, and your thoughts about the academy thus far-Shaun

7. NytroCop

NytroCop New Member

Well, there are a lot of recruits going through from Plymouth County Sheriff's Dept. (Deputy training, I assume). I'm not sure how the application process went with them but I applied through Orleans and they are the town sponsoring me.

As far as the classes are concerned I am happy to report that none of them have been how I anticipated them. The instructors are, bar none, the most talented, versed, and lively presenters that I've encountered throughout my studies (Bach. Degree). I'm very much aniticipating the rest of the courses with bated breath (don't worry I do brush) and growing amounts of excitement. Strap on your seatbelt, it'll be a fun ride.

AJ

8. cchc28

stop being so gay! instructors read this site all the time, so, do your self a favor, and keep it simple, and to the point, just a little advice. The way you describe it, the instructor's urine will cure cancer.... :)

9. wryman

wryman MassCops Member

Are you in the reserve or FULL time academy?

10. sherifflittle

sherifflittle MassCops Member

do you and your classmates a favor buddy...dont be "that " guy in class, you know the one that keeps asking questions and asking questions. i just shut my mouth and learned...because all that you think you know, you dont ,once you get to the acadamy..you throw out everything you thought you knew right out the window..its fun if you dont act like a moron..dont be self professed know it all...people will hate you

11. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

a little enthusiasm isn't a bad thing. there are some great instructors down there. lots of knowledge. some more entertaining than others..........

but in the end not everyone will make it. whether outside commitment , the curriculum is too demanding or having the responsiblity of being a law enforcement officer is not for them.

sit in front , study your material and continued success in your chosen field

12. NytroCop

NytroCop New Member

Hey, we have a long way to go until the end. I'm just trying to keep myself up and fresh for the rest of the road. Before when I was worried about my schedule and lack of sleep, etc. I was told to suck it up and enjoy it. Now that I'm enjoying myself and finally getting into the stuff I wanted to learn while I was in college I'm told to temper down and don't be "That Guy"?

What guy's that? the one that WANTS to be there? The guy that has the drive and desire to make a career out of law enforcement? Sorry, sir. I won't be enthusiastic about making a step towards reaching my goals. I'm sorry to offend you, sir, by my youthful enthusiasm. I shall cease enjoying myself and absorbing the tons of stories, lessons, and notes that have been thrown to us so far. So sorry to be enthusiastic about my future. I should really just stay as a security officer telling people to take everything out of their pockets and put it in the tray. Somehow I don't think a $100,000+ degree would be justified by staying complacent with that.

And I'm not going to stay complacent with that, either. I've had a goal and a dream for far too long to be told or suggested to back off of my enthusiasm. sorry, I'll go about achieving my dreams of a career (not a job) in law enforcement my own way. It's worked this far for me.

~ AJ

13. MCPHS401

MCPHS401 MassCops Member

Ok AJ, calm down man, I think he was just giving advice to him and not talking specifically to you. Anyway, the classes are great and Lt. McCarthy is always a treat, great stories and great speaker. I had him for the Boston Special Police academy last year, and most of the stories are the same, but still funny stuff. I know full well though that once we are out of the academy that, while I hope to retain a good amount of what I learned, you learn the best from real experience and only get good at it from practice. I am not knocking college or education, I am planning to get into a CJ program as soon as I complete the academy, but the real knowledge is from doing the Job and learning as you go from experiences and veteran officers.I am just not going in to this pretending to know anything, I am just going to shut my mouth and learn what I need to know.

END PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

14. NytroCop

NytroCop New Member

Man, it's crazy to think that we're already more than half way through. 3 out of 5 tests completed and we still have everyone. we're starting our defensive tactics days tomorrow (Saturday) and will have those for the next 3 or 4 weeks. Should certainly prove to be interesting.

Go hard, go strong, stay focused

AJ

15. FordMustang

FordMustang MassCops Member

You mean people actually drop out and don't make it through? The tests were easier then cake when I was in it last summer :p

16. cchc28

Were you in 06-02?

17. FordMustang

FordMustang MassCops Member

I was actually in the Boylston summer session. (28th) Maybe thats why the tests were so easy :mrgreen:

18. MCPHS401

MCPHS401 MassCops Member

Just to round out this thread, we are done, we finished this past Saturday the 16th and our Graduation ceremony is this coming Sunday, the 24th. Great group I went through with and I had a great time. Look forward to working with you folks in the future.

19. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

congratulations to you and your class. now may become a good time to graduate.

was told the senior guys take the OT/ Details in the spring to make extra cash and then take their summer vacation.

maybe a good time for us rookies to make some money ? :)