Plymouth R/I A Starting March 5th | MassCops

Plymouth R/I A Starting March 5th

Discussion in 'Reserve / Auxiliary' started by NytroCop, Feb 22, 2007.

1. NytroCop

NytroCop New Member

I get to start the lovely Reserve/Intermittent Academy at the Plymouth Police Academy on March 5th (Along with the awesome First Responder First Aid/ Healthcare Provider CRP w/ AED classes). Just wondering who (if anyone else) will be joining me on the adventure. I'll be the one with his eyes sagging half-way down his face due to being up since 0400.

A few weeks of Mon, Tues, Wed 0400-2300 (classes get out at 2200 but I still have to drive home, shower, and hop in bed) and I should be cooked.. But hey, it'll be worth it when I get out and hopefully get a job!!

AJ

2. ViresEtHonorum

ViresEtHonorum New Member

I'll be there as well.

Luckily, I have my Cpr, First Responder, etc. already squared away. :mrgreen:

3. NytroCop

NytroCop New Member

I have my Heart Saver CPR w/ AED cert. but looking at the requirements it clearly states that HS doesn't cut it. *shrugs* whatever works.

See you there. Hopefully I won't be the youngest there (turning 23 the first week of classes).

AJ

4. ViresEtHonorum

ViresEtHonorum New Member

I can guarantee you won't be. I'm 21.

5. cchc28

cchc28 Wanna Talk About It?

Quit yer bitchin and enjoy it!

6. MCPHS401

MCPHS401 MassCops Member

I will be starting the class with you, and I cant wait. Luckily, I took the Boston Special Academy last year with William Cloran and through that got my First Responder, CPR/First Aid/AED squared away with the same instructors that the Plymouth Academy uses (The Burtons, really nice guys), So I wont have to go through that again. I know what you mean, working full time and then going to the Academy is tough but it will all be worth it in the end, I cant wait to start.

7. sentinel

sentinel Guest

Hey I'll be joining you guys there in Plymouth as well. I here ya about the working and doign the academy, but it's worth it and you'd be crazy to pass it up, plus it will get easier after the academy. Anyone driving from metro west area wanna car pool, make the drive less painful and cut on gas costs?

8. NytroCop

NytroCop New Member

Well, I'll be taking the train out of Braintree into the city and then driving lovely Rte. 3 to Plymouth.

9. MCPHS401

MCPHS401 MassCops Member

Yeah, most days I will going Boston right down to Plymouth, or from my house on the South Shore

10. sentinel

sentinel Guest

anyone know of the best way to get there? I get out of my job at 1530 hrs, or there abouts. I'm hoping to miss rush hour traffic, anyone know of a good efficient route there?

11. cchc28

cchc28 Wanna Talk About It?

RT 3, exit 5...........

12. NytroCop

NytroCop New Member

I had to work out a schedule with the current employer to enable me to attend classes (Thanks, btw!). I'll be getting out between 1600-1700 daily, taking the T to Braintree then driving Rte. 3 to Plymouth. I should just be able to make it on time. (Change before I leave work, pack supper and eat on the way)

AJ

13. MCPHS401

MCPHS401 MassCops Member

Im in the same boat AJ, you coming from Boston to? I am driving straight down after, maybe stop at home to change real quick. They still have not called me to tell my uniform shirts are ready though, gotta give them a call tomorrow and make sure they will be done by Monday. Luckily the uniform place had a website, the number they printed on my letter was wrong.

14. NytroCop

NytroCop New Member

Yeah, I had that same issue. However I didn't find the website. I guess the 9 was supposed to be an 8. I called the Academy and they set me straight. I'm working until 1530 and they close at 1700 today. My father's swiping them since he'll be around that area. I just got to get my Bank Money Order to complete my stack of MO's needed for Monday's classes (However, I'm not sure who to make it out to.. I'll check the sheet we got).

It'll be interesting to see what transpires since I'm not really affiliated with any department. Yes, Orleans signed the paperwork, but they aren't hiring me afterwards (or that's at least what they said). *shrugs* at least I'm getting the R/I A under my belt and onto my resume.

Have a good day and a good weekend gentlemen and ladies. Next week the fun and excitement begins!!

AJ

15. MCPHS401

MCPHS401 MassCops Member

Picked up my shirts yesterday, not bad. Yeah, I have to get my money orders soon to. See you Monday.

16. NytroCop

NytroCop New Member

All those attending, be advised:
    Took a ride on Rte. 3 and after you exit via Ex. 5 get into the far left lane as quickly as possible as the Plymouth County Sheriff's Office is the second driveway on your left (shortly after the Plymouth Police station. I didn't go into the complex to find out where exactly the building is, but I do know it's in there.

Just an FYI

AJ

17. MCPHS401

MCPHS401 MassCops Member

Thanks for the heads up, usefull information. I havent been down that far in a long time, Rt 3 and I are not great friends.

18. wryman

wryman MassCops Member

Dress is buisness casual...

Make the check to Massachusetts Police Chief Association.

19. NytroCop

NytroCop New Member

Wryman,
    With all due respect, in the letter we received it stated:
    "3. Dress Code- Khaki Pants, Blue Polo Shirt with Logo and black footwear."
    Maybe you know something that we have yet to be told (seeing as the first class is tomorrow night), but we were instructed to order the monogrammed polos from G&G Silkscreening in Plymouth.
    Thanks for your input, however, I'm just conveying what we were instructed to do.

AJ

20. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

Took a ride on Rte. 3 and after you exit via Ex. 5 get into the far left lane as quickly as possible as the Plymouth County Sheriff's Office is the second driveway on your left (shortly after the Plymouth Police station.

first parking lot on your left after you enter the driveway. you'll see an entrance with glass partitions

Dress Code- Khaki Pants, Blue Polo Shirt with Logo and black footwear."

that is the uniform of the day or at least it was the last class .

3A runs parallel to Rt 3 , but unless they shut down the highway , Rt 3 is the best option.

.made the trip from Boston and accidents are common on Rt 3 , so if you can give yourself some extra time coming from the north , it's a good idea

good luck to you guys.

21. NytroCop

NytroCop New Member

Thanks for the input and the well wishes. I think the most nerve-racking part of the whole thing is going to be getting there the first night, and being on time.

Good Luck Everyone, see you tomorrow night.
    AJ

22. wryman

wryman MassCops Member

I guess it has changed from the past years...sorry.

23. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

the last class was the first to wear a "uniform"

the academy liked it and my guess is it's here to stay.

not sure where you can wear those polo shirts after graduation , but the class does look better

24. NytroCop

NytroCop New Member

G&G Silkscreening, Court St., Plymouth... I believe the number is 508-830-1075 however please go to www.AnyWho.com and do a search yourself to confirm this as my paperwork from the academy is on the kitchen table, ready to blast out the door so I can get to work on time.

25. MCPHS401

MCPHS401 MassCops Member

Good first night, Director was great and a good motivator for the class. Seemed like alot of good people and a very good looking schedule. Also addressed the Civil Service Exam and it looks like they will be rescheduling the class as most everybody is taking it, barring the one or two under 18 year olds who cant. All in all I am very excited about this and cant wait to go again tonight, Captain Gamache for Community Policing. I had him for the same topic last year at the Cloran Special Police academy in Boston. Come to think of it, I have had most of these instructors during that class. Lt. Mcarthy (Rocket) was probably the best, he had the best stories and was a great speaker. See you guys tonight.