Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com
2,963 Posts
Leighton Jr sounds like a complete POS-not that that makes beating him while cuffed (if true) OK.
BUT, Federal Court? If Coughlin were a civilian, this would have been disposed of at the pre-trial; ABDW pled down to simple A&B,Filing false Police Rpt,filed, no criminal record=CWOF or 6mos Probation TOPS! Just sayin'o_O

Reactions: PPD54

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,529 Posts
Poor Mr. Leighton, what a tough life he has had. All that finger waving by the courts has had to have caused PTSD. No wonder he's so out of sorts.

I wish all the previous victims would line up and testify that, after what he's put all of THEM through, they feel Officer Coughlin would be reinstated with back pay and given a medal, IF he did it or didn't.

Scumbag screws up on a regular basis and skips through life while a hard working officer who MIGHT have done something wrong is crucified. Justice? MY ASS!

·
Subscribing Member
3,484 Posts
Scumbag screws up on a regular basis and skips through life while a hard working officer who MIGHT have done something wrong is crucified. Justice? MY ASS!
The "scumbags" don't take an oath to uphold the law and the United States Constitution like police officers do. We are always held to a higher standard.

Just ask the officers involved in the Rodney King deal.

·
Subscribing Member
6,688 Posts
What kind of bullshit is this ?

Makes me wonder what kind of drugs these judges are on ?

Violent suspect intent on doing bodily harm to arresting officers so let's take the cuffs off him ?

Queensberry rules ? These scumbags rape, murder, rob and steal , but once their in custody we have to treat them like mother teresa ?

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
That's the rules of the game. Once the cuffs are on, time to dial it down. Prior to that, game on. We have to be better, otherwise we're just like them

·
Registered
715 Posts
That's the rules of the game. Once the cuffs are on, time to dial it down. Prior to that, game on. We have to be better, otherwise we're just like them
From what I was told, the suspect had managed to get his cuffs under his legs and in front of his body and was anything but compliant. Good lesson for all though. When dealing with a hostile and assaultive suspect in cuffs, it is probably best to give them a squirt of OC, or maybe a drive stun from a Taser, rather than going hands on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have seen people that are cuffed behind the back : lunge at and bite officers, charge at and ram officers into walls with their shoulder, headbutt, knee and kick officers..they are always dangerous, cuffed or not, particularly when they are drunk and volatile, like this guy was.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts