Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any PCSD Deputies here that know what the different detail rates are for the different towns? Also, What is the hospital duty rate? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Every town varies. Lakeville is 34, Rochester is 32, Rockland and Abington are 38.Carver is 32.50 and so on... Most towns are right around mid 30's. I think Federal/INS hospital detail rates are 18.00 and county hospital details are 16.00. It's also politcal as hell... and you also have to pay a 10% fee on what ever you make off a detail to the department for "admin fee's". It adds up fast so it's like every 5th detail is going to be just to pay for the admin fee's. Also buying the uniform is expensive. It all has to be bought before you can do any details. Good Luck...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I attended inservice in the beginning of August and a lot of Deputies were attending. Their pagers were constantly going off with available details. Is 16 the rate for special duties such as parades, 4th of July etc. ??

·
Registered
84 Posts
Oh yea... I forgot about the parades... those are free-bees... you have to march in 2 parades a year for free to stay active as a deputy... there is about 12 to chose from throughout the county. 4th of july has about 4 to chose from thats why its so popular. Anything else you can think of, let me know.

·
Registered
84 Posts
A good number of the Plymouth deputys are C/O's and full timers... its the few bozos who think since they paid a campain contribution..they are troopers... I can totally see why alot of fulltime LEO's hate the sheriffs though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a lot of friends who work hard inside the jail taking care of the criminals we cops put there. The co's are there every day, day in and day out, with these maggots. I have only the upmost respect for these officers. These officers have the most unappreciated jon in the whole criminal justice system However, for the ability of working details (extra $$), officers MUST graduate from a fulltime academy, work 40 hours (days-eves-MIDS) and do police work ---NOT MARCH IN PARADES -- holding the banner for some elected individual !!!
I don't hate anyone - i know a lot of guys would give anything to get on a full time pd but its just the system.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mspsgt said:
Any you wonder why the "real cops" get upset with the deputies!
I can see why other cops get upset with deputies. We probably all have a story of something a nitwit did. But can't put all of them in the same bag. There are many deputies out there that are "real cops" with full academy training who work for a Sheriff's Dept. in addition to their PD employment. Nothing wrong with wanting to take advantage of a detail close to your residence instead of traveling accross the state for an overtime shift.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.