Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now i am waiting to hear from the department .Everything was going so quick with the written testing/P.T/Oral Interview one right after another, I even met with one of the human resources reps.
I know they want to start an academy in Dec. So I am getting the sweats here as we get close.
So if anyone has any news can ya help me out..thanks it appreciated

P.S. if i made some grammar errors spare me will ya...you know who you are..grrrrrrrrr!

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
INF,

I'm not sure if Plymouth runs it's own academy or if it uses the DOC, but I know our guys are going through the DOC in Shirley on or about January 1st.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Pearl, they had said they wanted to start the academy sometime in Dec so that sounds about right. thanks again for the heads up.
How long was the initial wait after you took the test before you got hired ?

·
Registered
125 Posts
The academy starts the end of dec, after the holidays from what i hear. If you had one oral interview, you will have a second one coming up with the actual sheriff of plymouth county.

All you guys that applied for deputy sheriff positions that acacemy starts in Feb and the app process has already begun.

·
Registered
62 Posts
DO the Deputys go through and academy or just the CO's. I thought the deputys just go through the Reserve Intermittent Academy, Right or wrong

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
Usually (except for rare exceptions) you start of as a Corrections Officer and go through the DOC or other corrections type academy. Then after your probation is up and you have completed the Reserve academy, you get "re-sworn in" as a Deputy Sheriff.

There are exceptions to this, like if a guy is hired for a particular job. Then he gets sworn in just as a Deputy Sheriff, and put straight into a particular job. But this rarley happens, and it's usually some sort of political hook up.

·
Registered
62 Posts
YA , Sounds right, Because in my Res Class alot of guys were not Co's first. So they must of had so kind ties like you said. I got an e-mail form some one at the PCSD and Said that anyone at anytime can apply for the Deputies job, so I am going on that. Ya never know.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Tiger Woody,(as well as everyone else) When I had the initial interview Sheriff Mcdounagh was there...or so i thought it was him anyway.
How long before the academy do they have you sign your hire form? Just wondering when,if at all to tell my employer,its getting wayyyy to cold to be working construction ya know!!!!!
Of course i wouldnt say anything about leaving until I am definatly sure I'm being hired...
Thanks again guys.

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
I forgot we were talking about Plymouth. I think in Plymouth, you may have a better chance at getting hired off the street as a deputy. They have some sections who do support work for the PD's and stuff.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tiger...starting salary for the dept is 40k from what they had told us.
And by the way everyone i just got that great letter in the mail...the one where they tell you your not going to be participating any further in the hiring process!!!....ill be in the corner choking the cat if you need me!!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Sorry to hear it. Just do us a favor and do not go after masstroopers cat. Keep on trying someone will smarten up and hire you.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it was for the corrections job,they had already done all my background and called all my references..i havent got a clue why...i gave thema packet an inch thick of military documents and awards,resume,references.....i wish i could talk to the guy so i can get a reason,if for anything at all so i can fix the problem.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Looks like there might have been an issue with your CORI/Background check. I would definitley touch base with human resources there and clear it up. Good luck.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ive put a few calls in so i am just waiting to see if he calls back,whatever it is i need to find out what it is and fix it.Ive already sent out apps to other department/agencies and dont want that to happen again,atleats so i can explain if they ask.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS if i dont hear from you all...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well their academy got cancelled last winter and was suppose to restart this September according to HR. Anyone hear anything yet?

·
Registered
140 Posts
plymouth county has a hiring freeze from what i hear, they're not hiring anything at this point or even planning to hire anything.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Plymouth County Sheriffs Department uses their own academy for the CO's, and they do hire part time deputies for detail work. I have no idea if they are hiring currently.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.