Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you haven't heard, current sheriff McDonugh won the Democ. ballot in the primaries and McDonald won in the repub. They'll be going head to head for the final vote in November.
God help us all. :?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Joe McDonald is a an A.D.A and a proven friend of police officers. The political hacks that work in the Sheriff's Department are frightened of him. The Correction Officers Union has endorsed him and can rest assured that he will bring integrity back. The current sheriff, McDonough, is a sleaze and i do not know any police officers that have an ounce of respect for him. Hold a campaign sign for McDonough in Plymouth County and you just passed the entrance requirement as a new deputy. I consider the people I see holding McDonough signs to be rump swabs. Joe McDonald would show everyone respect, as he always has, and would do a great job if he is elected .

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've met Joe McDonald twice recently and have spoken to him at length. He does seem to be a person of integrity & is definitely a friend to law enforcement. One of his biggest concerns is increasing the staffing levels in the house of correction. I don't know too many COs, but those I have spoken to have said that workplace safety is a joke there.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,658 Posts
Well....................
I suppose the fact that I saw C.O.'s in Middleboro, Bridgewater, Brockton, and other towns out in force with signs against the encumbent, and that some of his deputies were involved in a fracus in Middleboro might be a sign that the voters made an informed decision.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.