Plymouth Basic Reserve/Intermittent Class NOVEMBER? | Page 3 | MassCops

Plymouth Basic Reserve/Intermittent Class NOVEMBER?

Discussion in 'Reserve / Auxiliary' started by Lookinforacopjob, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Foxy85

Foxy85 MassCops Member

I call BS. I say she is probably who you think she is, and is providing "counter-intelligence" because you said you know who she is here on the forums.

I think its a bit convenient that you call her out and can identify her, and then 2 posts later she says she "wasn't able to attend the academy"....

Maybe i'm just paranoid....

JR90 likes this.
  2. new guy

new guy Subscribing Member

I was thinking the same thing. But then again, I don't think she's intelligent enough to run "counter-intelligence.".

3. cchc28

cchc28 Wanna Talk About It?

Hows that class going?

4. Lookinforacopjob

Lookinforacopjob MassCops Member

It is actually very enjoyable. Not military style like I thought/hoped it would be. Lots of know it alls who dont listen and like to hear themselves talk, and then fail the tests because they didnt just shut up and listen...

The instructors are great so far. Al Silveira from Raynham PD is awesome (Teaching Criminal Law).. If you have never heard him speak you should make it a point to.

5. MB720

MB720 MassCops Member

Guys I'm having a difficult time finding the application for the R/I in Plymouth for March. Could someone who found these forms on the mass.gov site maybe help me out?

6. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

Welcome to law enforcement. Every academy has a few, though they do seem to dwindle a bit at the full time acdemy. Don't think that's gonna end when you go back to your department.

7. 94c

94c Subscribing Member

Sorry I missed this thread. I was away getting medicated when you posted. I probably know more about academies than anyone else on this site.

So as far as the physical training goes in your part-time academy, I can only advise you of this...

If you can tie your shoelaces from the standing position without falling over and splitting your head on the sidewalk, you should be fine.

If you're as fat as you sound then, don't try this at home without one of those electronic bracelets around your neck that calls 911 with a recording of "I've fallen and I can't get up".

Hope this helps...

8. MB720

MB720 MassCops Member

AHAHAHAHAHAHA lmao, that made my night.

9. Lookinforacopjob

Here is the link to the application:

http://www.mass.gov/Eeops/docs/mptc/mptc_inservice_application.pdf

You do realize that you just can't fill this out and send it in... You have to be sponsored. If you want any information regarding this process, please feel free to reach out.

10. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

and good luck with that ..its not easy to find a Chief that will sponsor you withut a little bit of commections.

11. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

Try a Hospital...they are always looking for Security ..thats who sponsored me for the R/I ...alot of them have the power to sponsor you and honestly I think its a great start to see if you can handle being a PO...wrestling with patients without bashing them when you want to , seeing dead people every night, dealing with the dregs of society, not necessarily a guarantee you can be a good PO but it could propably weed out some applicants that think the job is all looking cool in the new charger..

12. Lookinforacopjob

It truly depends upon where you live. I know East Bridgewater and the Plymouth County Sheriffs Dept will sponsor just about anybody, but there is no job at the end of the line for you. I would say unless you have a sponsor willing to hire you at the end it is not worth going into this academy. It is very expensive (I have spent about $1,000 so far and still havent finished), and it is extremely time consuming (We go Monday, Tuesday Wed 7-10pm, Thursdays 6-10pm for 1st responder and CPR, and some Sundays for 1st responder and firearms). HOWEVER it is a phenomenal experience and I am learning a lot that I didnt know prior...

13. MB720

MB720 MassCops Member

Thank you very much for the link.

Yep, know about the sponsership and thankfully have good connections with a few towns.