Plymouth Basic Reserve/Intermittent Class NOVEMBER? | MassCops

Plymouth Basic Reserve/Intermittent Class NOVEMBER?

Discussion in 'Reserve / Auxiliary' started by Lookinforacopjob, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Lookinforacopjob

Lookinforacopjob MassCops Member

Anyone heard anything about the Basic Reserve/Intermittent Class scheduled to begin in Plymouth in late October/Early November? Anyone here going?

Also if there is anyone with experience with this particular academy or format can you comment on what I can expect there? Lots of homework, studying, etc. or just common sense type stuff that anyone should be able to pass?

I heard Monday, Tuesday and Thursday for 3 hours and then Saturdays for 6 hours...

Thanks for any help or feedback..

2. Lookinforacopjob

Anyone got anything for me at all??

3. cchc28

cchc28 Wanna Talk About It?

Do you have a dept willing to sponsor you?

4. Lookinforacopjob

Yes I have a sponsorship and am currently enrolled to begin on November 3rd. I am just looking for info on the academy and the website for MPTC provides me with very little. I am looking to talk with someone who has completed it before....

5. daxxkid

daxxkid MassCops Member

I never been to a reserve academy, but I did finish a full time one, you'll be fine, don't worry, just pay attention and read the books.

6. Mattyc

Mattyc New Member

I'm fairly certain there is no reserve academy until early March at least. Some reasons due in part to this are the program itself is anticipated to go up to 200-300 hours (versus the 120 hour program currently in place). I would look into it, I really do not anticipate a November reserve academy.
    Good luck
    Matt

7. Mass

Mass MassCops Member

Had your shoes and your head polished! hahahaha You did good kid.

8. daxxkid

daxxkid MassCops Member

Haha, I think more head then the boots

9. cape911girl

cape911girl Guest

I'm assuming you've rec'd your letter by now...its Mon,Tue,Wed eve and Sat day...we have to wear short sleeve because the class was supposed to start in Sept and they don't want to put the embroidery co. out of any $, and they already ordered the short sleeves...so bring a sweater, I am.

10. Lookinforacopjob

G&G told me that they would be making them, I hope they are long sleeve.... I know they wont be. I just want to get there on Monday and get this thing going..

11. daxxkid

daxxkid MassCops Member

I think you guys should wear khakis for uniform, just like the full time academy haha :)

12. cchc28

The khakis make the uniform....... NOT.. fucking hated those things... looked like a herd or janitors

13. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

It's a rite of passage; I can't imagine a police academy without khaki uniforms for the victims....I mean recruits.

14. daxxkid

daxxkid MassCops Member

Haha, we are all running: " I want to be a drill instructor, I want to make a recruit suffer!" And that's what it's all about, thank god it's done and we are not gonna be those kind of victims anymore

15. cape911girl

cape911girl Guest

Hey..anyone know if they're going to me yelling in our faces n stuff? I'm not up for that stuff. Be a different thing if this was the full-time academy and that's all had to think about.

I'm not up to havin a headache everyday...

16. cape911girl

cape911girl Guest

Yeah, I'm a little anxious to get this thing going myself, sixteen weeks is longer than a college semester. I work a couple of jobs, so I'm hoping the school work isn't going to take a lot of my time. By the way, is there any physical training involved? If there is, I'm screwed.

17. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

You're kidding, right?

18. cchc28

So,, if you are going to be that put out by them "yelling in your faces n stuff"... maybe you should stick to dispatching.

19. Lookinforacopjob

There is no yelling in your faces, or a real physical aspect to this academy. It is more about teaching you the basics of the job.

Now I was told my my Department that once I passed this academy and was offered full time employment I will have to pass the PAT. I know we wont have much time over the next few months but I would suggest you get running to be prepared for when you graduate and possibly do get an offer from your department..

As for the guys making the stupid responses. Just answer the girl. She has questions as do I, and as you did when you began your careers. Remember where you started and how you got to where you are today. It was usually with peoples help.

20. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

The big difference is that I and most other people on the job here actually listened to the advice offered and didn't whine like a spurned school girl when it wasn't what we wanted to hear.

If you're even the slightest bit concerned about being yelled at in ANY sort of police academy format, do me, yourself, and the public a big favor and check out Monster.com for another career field.

YoungGun85 likes this.
  21. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Lookinforacopjob it is not your place to tell the members of MassCops how to respond to the posts.

I would take this as a warning noob

22. Lookinforacopjob

Sounds great... Just saying that we should treat each other with some respect. We are all seeking the same goal in our careers and we are simply asking for some guidance in ours since we are new to this. It would be nice to be able to ask a question without getting such a harsh response from other members. I wasnt "telling members how to respond", I was asking to give her some courtesy. Sorry for the confusion kw.

23. cape911girl

cape911girl Guest

The only "concern" I have about someone yelling in my face is the annoyance. I know it is how they sift through the weak. Some of us understand that and for those who do its just something to put up with while the weak drop out. But understanding it doesn't make it any less annoying.

24. midwatch

midwatch MassCops Member

LOL are you kidding me? If you think some DI yelling at you and busting your balls is annoying, you have a long career ahead of you.

25. Nighttrain

Nighttrain MassCops Member

Perhaps you are one of the weak one's they will be trying to sift through...all due respect.