Please add Tags to your posts... | MassCops

Please add Tags to your posts...

Discussion in 'MassCops News' started by Gil, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Gil

Gil Founder of MassCops Staff Member

Thread starters could you please add tags to any thread you start, just a few keywords from the post. Mods and Admins any thread that you read that does not have tags above the first post can you add a few just look for keywords like the main focus of the thread and add them. It helps with the search engines...

Thanks..
    Gil

2. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

I got this message when I tried to add tags.

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

3. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

I just got the same message as well.

4. 94c

94c Subscribing Member

damn, this place is turning into a promotional exam.

5. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

What's a Tag??

6. Nuke_TRT

Nuke_TRT Stirrer of the Pot

Tag you're it. :shifty:

7. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

As Gil said, a few key words from your thread which help others locate it from the search engine. You should see an option to add them at the top of your threads.

8. Gil

You should not get the error when adding the tags from the new post area. You only need to add tags when creating a thread not replying to a post...

9. kwflatbed

10. Crvtte65

Crvtte65 Moderator

Is the issue resolved that I posted in the bugs section about searching tags on the site? If not the tags are useless#-o

11. TRPDiesel

TRPDiesel MassCops Member

I haven't had all that great of luck with the search function myself. Just curious-Is that going to be an upgrade with all the change coming or is the tag function going to rectify most of the search problems.

12. Gil

I have made some changes in the way the search results are scored, I have also re-indexed the search data base, try now and let me know if you see any improvements. The tags are there to augment the search function. I will do some research and see if there are going to be any new changes with the search feature when the upgrade takes place..

Thanks for the input

13. kwflatbed

Gil I am still getting the same message and can not add tags.

14. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

+1 = "Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing."