Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I've read, the laws about carrying of knives is pretty stringent in Massachusetts. My question is, are those hard plastic self-defense push daggers illegal to carry? They are not technically a bladed knife nor are they sharp on either side. They simply come to a hard point on the end.
Microphone Composite material Cleanliness Kitchen utensil Audio equipment

Retired Fed, Active Special
"They simply come to a hard point on the end."
Possess it, potentially use it, get charged with ABDW or worse. A pointed-toe boot is legal until you use it as a device to assault people. Get the point?

Reactions: CCCSD

Premium Member
If you are planning to use a dagger for self defense, you might want to consider why you need it in the first place. I personally carry a pocket full of rusty corn cob holders just in case.
On a similar note, I keep a couple Brian Adams CDs in my car just in case.

(anyone under 40 probably won't get it)

Registered
From what I've read, the laws about carrying of knives is pretty stringent in Massachusetts. My question is, are those hard plastic self-defense push daggers illegal to carry? They are not technically a bladed knife nor are they sharp on either side. They simply come to a hard point on the end. View attachment 10716
Your opinion might be that it鈥檚 芦not technically a bladed knife禄, but yours is not the opinion that matters. Ask yourself how much you鈥檙e willing to pay an attorney (start with 5 figures) to try to convince a jury that a plastic knife intended to inflict knife wounds is actually not a knife, while the prosecutor uses its appearance, marketing, and obvious intended use against you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts