Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
F**k Tyson We All Should Boycott Their Products

More Than Half Of Tyson Plant's Workforce Muslim

SHELBYVILLE, Tenn. -- Some workers at a local plant will no longer to be able to take their Labor Day holiday because of religious reasons.

Video

Workers at the Tyson Foods poultry processing plant in Shelbyville will no longer have a paid day off on Labor Day but will instead be granted the Muslim holiday Eid al-Fitr.

According to a news release from the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union, a new five-year contract at the plant included the change to accommodate Muslim workers at the plant.
said the contract includes eight paid holidays -- the same number as the old contract.

Eid al-Fitr -- which falls on Oct. 1 this year -- marks the end of Ramadan, the Muslim holy month of fasting.

Union leaders said implementing the holiday was important for the nearly 700 Muslims, many of them Somalis, who work at the plant that employs a total of 1,200 people.

Nineteen-year plant veteran William Pentecost doesn't agree with the decision.

"I don't think it's right. I really don't think it's right," he said.

Tyson company spokeswoman Libby Lawson said by phone that, "This isn't a religious accommodation, this is a contractual agreement. The majority asked for it."

The change didn't bother some workers.

"I think it's fine. I don't have any problem with it. There's a whole bunch of them here, so they've got to do something for them," said worker John Smith.

"It shouldn't happen. I mean, I think, we're in America, you're in America, I think that they should go with our holidays," Pentecost said.

Channel 4's Cynthia Williams could not reach any of the plant's Muslim workers, because Channel 4 News' crew was not permitted on the property.

Former employee and Shelbyville resident Anthony Proctor said he thinks what's happening is wrong.

He said he helped build a special Muslim prayer room that's located inside the plant and that no other Tyson facility has been that accommodating for any other religion.

"If we want to go pray, we don't have one for Christians," he said.

Tyson is headquartered in Arkansas.

Lawson said they consider religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis. She said that so far, no one has asked for any other type of religious prayer room.

No one at the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union's regional office answered phone calls placed by Williams on Friday.

A representative in New York said that no one there knew specifics about the new contract with the workers, but a person in research told Williams that holidays aren't usually replaced and are more likely to be added on.

The decision will only apply to workers at the plant who are union members. All other employees at the plant will still have their normal Labor Day holiday.

http://www.wsmv.com/news/17063986/detail.html

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
"I think it's fine. I don't have any problem with it. There's a whole bunch of them here, so they've got to do something for them," said worker John Smith.
If you need to lookup the definition for LEMMING, APPEASEMENT or CAPITULATION, look no further than Mr. John Smith of Shelbyville, Tennessee.

That quote says all we need to know about the future of this country and our resolve to defend traditional American values and culture.

We're losing and you can thank the Political Correctness congregation and an emasculated, simple minded U.S. citizenry for it.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
If you need to lookup the definition for LEMMING, APPEASEMENT or CAPITULATION, look no further than Mr. John Smith of Shelbyville, Tennessee.

That quote says all we need to know about the future of this country and our resolve to defend traditional American values and culture.

We're losing and you can thank the Political Correctness congregation and an emasculated, simple minded U.S. citizenry for it.
I saw this earlier today (linked at Hotair). Move along, please...nothing to see here...The jihad proceeds apace.

How do you spell "Dhimmi"?

Quit worrying about the next election: it doesn't matter anymore. Your mooselimb overlords will soon be here to convert your children (the female child units will, of course, become property).

·
Subscribing Member
927 Posts
700 muslims work at a Tyson chicken processing plant?
Aren't these the same people who are always complaining about the way food is prepared and they can only handle (not eat, HANDLE) specific foods?

On a personal note; Fuck Somalia.
I'd rather throw pork blood on them than EVER allow a majority group of Somalis tell me what to do.

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
I checked Snopes.com hoping this would not be true because how can something so stupid be true? Sigh. I'm all for reasonably accomadating people, but not at the expense of American values. Tyson and their buddies the muslims can all kiss the fattest part of my ass.

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tyson Media Contact

Gary Mickelson
office: 479-290-6111
cell: 479-236-9022
[email protected]

Contact Information

Mail:Tyson Foods, Inc.
P.O. Box 2020
Springdale, AR 72764-6999
Telephone: 1-800-643-3410

Consumer Relations CP631
2210 West Oaklawn Drive
Springdale, AR 72764-6999

·
Czar of Cyncism and Satire
2,070 Posts
Totally agree MM1799, FUCK SOMALIA, I wont ever forgive the skinney's for what they did to my brothers.We shouldve leveled that dump.
I blame William Jefferson Klinton for that goat rodeo. Not giving the guys the right equipment & tanks or intel to do their jobs.
Tyson chicken just lost another customer here. I'll use Purdue even though it costs more.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
I totally agree and will NEVER buy a product from that company again....The problem is that we are no longer the " norm " we are the minority......

G

·
Totally agree MM1799, FUCK SOMALIA, I wont ever forgive the skinney's for what they did to my brothers.We shouldve leveled that dump.
Leveling it would have been doing them a favor.

It's positively astounding to me that people come to the greatest country in the world from third-world shitholes, then do everything in their power, with the assistance of empty-headed liberals, to turn the greatest country in the world into the same third-world shithole they fled from.

What's the point?

G

·
Why dont they let the somalies work labor day and the others take labor day off. I hope these workers are vetted, it makes me feel real great that 700 possible terrorist are working in our foor supply industry, cause I'm sure the terrorist haven't already thought of this.

·
Subscribing Member
2,134 Posts
It's positively astounding to me that people come to the greatest country in the world from third-world shitholes, then do everything in their power, with the assistance of empty-headed liberals, to turn the greatest country in the world into the same third-world shithole they fled from.

What's the point?
I so agree with you! Once, there was a time when people came to America to be AMERICANS! They learned English and actually became citizens. Yes, they shared with others some of the cultural aspects of the country from which the emmigrated, but first and foremost, they wanted to be American.

Now, I have to speak Spanish to survive on the job. Social services are busting at the seams, schools are going broke providing special services to whole families who aren't even here legally, while American students suffer educationally in over-stuffed, under-prepared classrooms. I have to hold my tongue when I'm assigned to protect the protesters gathered in the park who are waving their Mexican flags, etc., etc., etc. All the while, the so-called-legislators are coming up with ways to hoard the illegals into their constituency... :DP:

·
BOOM!
1,353 Posts
I so agree with you! Once, there was a time when people came to America to be AMERICANS! They learned English and actually became citizens. Yes, they shared with others some of the cultural aspects of the country from which the emmigrated, but first and foremost, they wanted to be American.

Now, I have to speak Spanish to survive on the job. Social services are busting at the seams, schools are going broke providing special services to whole families who aren't even here legally, while American students suffer educationally in over-stuffed, under-prepared classrooms. I have to hold my tongue when I'm assigned to protect the protesters gathered in the park who are waving their Mexican flags, etc., etc., etc. All the while, the so-called-legislators are coming up with ways to hoard the illegals into their constituency... :DP:
Well said Adroit. Couldn't agree with you more.

·
Subscribing Member
7,237 Posts
The reply to my protest, basically blame Tennessee and the union:

August 4, 2008 – Contrary to recent reports, Labor Day is still a holiday at Tyson Foods. This issue concerns only the plant at Shelbyville, TN. The majority of employees at the Tyson plant in Shelbyville, TN, are represented by the Retail, Wholesale and Department Stores Union (RWDSU), an American union that asked for and received Eid al-Fitr, as one of their eight paid holidays, in place of Labor Day. This applies only to the Shelbyville plant and resulted as part of the union contract negotiated last fall. This change does not apply to Tyson Foods' other 118 plants. This is not a religious accommodation, rather, it is part of a union-initiated contract demand. This change came about as a result of union demands brought to the negotiating table, and was agreed upon by Tyson in an effort to reach a contractual agreement with the union. The contract that calls for this change was unanimously recommended by the 12-person union bargaining committee, which included three Somali employees. The contract was then overwhelmingly agreed to by 80 percent of the rank and file membership of the union at the Shelbyville plant.
The Muslim population at the Shelbyville plant is primarily composed of approximately 250 Somali employees, who are political refugees, most of whom came to the plant as a result of refugee resettlement efforts based in Nashville. They were employed at the plant through the Tennessee Department of Employment Security office.The Shelbyville complex employs approximately 1,200 people. Approximately 1,000 workers are covered by the union agreement at Shelbyville

1 - 20 of 29 Posts