Phones in the bathroom? | MassCops

Phones in the bathroom?

Discussion in 'Dispatch / Communications' started by thebird, Apr 1, 2011.

1. thebird

thebird MassCops Member

Do any Departments/Agencies have phones in the bathrooms so that the dispatchers don't have to call in an officer off of patrol?

2. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

I can see your dilema. I have a solution.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

Dispatcher\Officer: Hello ABCPD, This Line is Recorded, Officer John Doe (fart sounds in background followed by plopping\splashing sounds) How can I help you?

Sounds like a great idea.

4. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

No phones in the bathrooms, but they provide me with a bedpan.

[​IMG]

5. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgNkFZZtijg"]YouTube - fart soundboard[/nomedia]

6. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

Truth be told, there's a phone in one of the bathrooms at the Yarmouth Barracks. Just bring a portable in with you and your good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. 5-0

5-0 Guest

We have one, so I can call the desk officer Ursula and say: 'What the fuck Ursula? There's no TP in the bathroom! If you were my wife I'd take you down a peg or two.'

8. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Well Shit, it's not like the relief guy is close by most of the time.

When you gotz to go, you gotz to go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

With men, it's always a religious experience when they actually complete a task:bomb:

10. 5-0

5-0 Guest

It's even more zen-like when we hear the silence after completing said task because there are no women in the area.

11. Years ago, I worked as a reservations agent for an airline. You have no idea how disconcerting it was to be having a conversation w/ someone over the phone, conducting business, and then hear the toilet flush (or something worse) and realize they were...uh, *doing their business* the whole time you were on the phone. Nice imagery there.

12. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Well I suppos if it's #1 or #2 it's not as bad as #3 (jackin' off).

13. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

OP, how about just getting a realy long phone cord?

14. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

I usually just call in 10-7 to drop a deuce. And if they still insist on calling me while I'm in said office, I key the mike and flush, they get the hint. The tile walls make for a good reverb too.

15. thebird

thebird MassCops Member

I thought this may be a good solution.

16. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

I wonder how that would work when the 911 call is being played back in court with all the fart and squirt sounds in the background? I suppose you could always blame it on the caller, their word against yours.

17. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

Funny.... fuckface.....

18. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Well you do :heart: to fart.

19. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

My bad, I meant to say "devastating shit" in my last post.

20. maine_emt

maine_emt New Member

At the ambulance service I work for we often only have one dispatcher on duty. When they need to use the bathroom, they bring with them a portable radio and a cordless phone that is tied into the main phone lines. Its a bit crazy but we are pretty busy and there is not usually someone available to take over dispatching who is EMD certified.

21. GeepNutt

GeepNutt MassCops Member

On the other hand, there is nothing more annoying than going into use a public restroom and having some schmo standing right beside you yacking on his cell while doing his business. I just want to grab the phone and deposit it into the nearest water holding fixture. In these situations however, I must admit I go out of my way to make as many loud and obnoxious bathroom sounds as I can (including multiple flushes, grunts, groans, etc).

Seriously, are you that important that you can't stop talking to someone for 20 seconds while you take a leak? :stomp:

22. John3885

John3885 MassCops Member

Cordless phone and portable are brought to the bathroom. We also bring a baby monitor in with us to hear the 911...if the 911 goes off we stop mid-way and jump off the toilet. Sucks when you have been out the night before drinking, or order some spicy food

23. SPINMASS

SPINMASS Subscribing Member

We have a phone hardwired into the dispatch bathroom and they also have a portable with a charger in the bathroom. The bathroom is in the dispatch area so they can hear the 911 if it should ring.

24. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

All this talk about phones in the bathrooms and cordless phones... Since the state has cut back we're issued an empty gallon milk container and a large zip-lock bag.

25. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

A few years back, in order to make us safer on my shift, TIME CHECKS were instituted. (Actually, this was in response to one of our guys having the GALL to question officer safety due to decreased numbers of people...but that's a long story) Starting after the 6p-2a shift went home, every hour on the 1/2 hour the dispatcher had to call us and we would give the old L&C plus our location. I timed my first one to coincide with a 'visit'.

"Loud and Clear-such and such MEN'S ROOM." I had never used my radio in mid stream before. It was EXHILARATING!"