PFT Standards | MassCops

PFT Standards

Discussion in 'State Police' started by harbinger101, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harbinger101

harbinger101 New Member

Just a odd question i would like to put out there. What are the physical fitness test standards to pass the academy?

2. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

3. nirtallica

nirtallica Subscribing Member

r u kidding...Mass Standards are not even close to these.

4. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

I thought that the Cooper Standard was used at New Braintree.

5. mpguy

mpguy MassCops Member

Don't fail...

6. Lookinforacopjob

Lookinforacopjob MassCops Member

I actually dont think that there are any. I have heard that you can only have a certain amount of days where you can "fall out" of runs, but basically if you dont give up then you wont fail out. Anyone else heard this?

7. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

I don't know what you heard, all I know is that when I went through, (granted almost 14 years ago), though the entry level PAT was already in line with what is currently used, you still had to pass a Cooper Standards requirement three times. I don't really think that failing it was going to end your chances, but then again,no one failed.

8. Lookinforacopjob

Lookinforacopjob MassCops Member

Cooper standards do not exist in any MPTC academies anymore... They are used as a guideline but you cannot be separated for failing them.:stomp:

9. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Eh, I am about 14 years beyond giving a shit. But it is too bad that they are gone. Kinder and Gentler training produces a weaker and softer boot. Good thing that the FTO's are seasoned on my job. We either make ya, or we will break ya.

10. TRPDiesel

TRPDiesel MassCops Member

Not sure where they are at currently, but I know a few people that couldn't make the daily run and were failed out because of it a few years ago.

11. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

One would hope so.....

12. harbinger101

harbinger101 New Member

First off thank you all for replying to my post.

Second the reason i posted this post was to see if the standards are in place. I myself am looking to become a police officer but am unsure of the sit up testing requirements. During My Military Police training i fell off a obstacle and was unable to pass the sit up portion of the test cause i was unable to do them fast enough cause my back would tighten up during the test and then was discharged.
    I can accomplish any feat that is required of me just dont ask me to do sit ups to save anyones life cause it wont happen.

so the real question is if i cant to sit ups will i fail police academy?

13. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Proof read your posts. If you get on the job and anywhere, and the content of your reports is like what I am reading above, sit-ups will not help you.

As far as the sit-ups go, they are not a part of en Entry Level PAT for municipalities, but I do believe that MSP may still use them as a part of an initial Physical Test.

I know what you mean about not being able to do them fast, if at all. I was in a pretty good MVA back in 1994, and by 1997 when I was in the academy, my back was not all that healed. Sit-ups presented a problem for me, but in the end with a lot of Ibuprofen in my system, I did the minimum required amount. Get some help with your back, be it in a form of Physical Therapy or Physical Training. If your back is shit now, you might not have to worry about sit-ups in the academy. You may get screened out at your Medical stage. No one will want to hire you with a pre-existing back problem.

14. harbinger101

harbinger101 New Member

A little proof reading yourself wouldn't hurt either.
    Sorry for not hyphenating sit-ups or capitolizing my I's or the first letter of each sentence wether or not they are complete.

Is this all people do on forums do is pick on people for any reason they can find. That's just childish and in some peoples eyes it would be considered as cyber bullying which is seriously not ok with me.

But thanks for insulting me and info have good one.

15. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Nice post for a NOOB

16. 47turksinajar

47turksinajar MassCops Member

eh, 3 posts and you want to be like that...

First, you are welcome for the information.
    Secondly, GFY
    Lastly I am prepared :beer_yum:
    [​IMG]

17. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

If your feelings got hurt from that exceedingly mild suggestion that you proof-read your posts (you never get a second chance to make a first impression), then do yourself and everyone else a favor; forget about becoming a police officer.

With skin that thin, you won't last a month on the job.

18. 78thrifleman

78thrifleman Smurf theft victim

You spelled "capitAlizing" wrong.

19. harbinger101

harbinger101 New Member

wow and it continues with more people now joining in it takes some real spinless individuals to harass someone like this all I wanted was a answer to a simple question not a grading of my grammar goes to show that cops really are spineless and it's up to the people to solve their own issues.

20. grn3charlie

grn3charlie Yeah, THAT GUY!

First off, thank you for joining the military.

Now, during my Military Police Training, whenever I stepped on my own two feet, I got screamed at by big scary men, got counseling statements and conditioned my mind and body (if you know what I mean). What I did not get is my hand held while sitting on a comfy couch while being told the error of my ways, ending in a nice hug and cup of cocoa. Why is that important in the military and LE? Because, what they did is absolutely NOTHING compared to what our adversaries do to us on a regular basis. You mouthed off to a good guy who gave you the heads up because he has been there done that. Consider an apology!

"Cyber bullying!" Please, don't throw BS buzzwords around that have no basis!

21. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

I don't think the LE field is for you. The Academy is a lot worse than this and the streets are no place for a "sensitive" boot.

22. Rock

Rock Undefined

You want "a answer"? Here's one...go back to gaming in mama's basement (simple google search found your dumb ass). It really didn't take much to get you to turn on every "cop" did it? I'd love to see you face to face with some of the actual police officers (of which you will NEVER be) and have you call them spineless. You make a comment that you've been cyber bullied then call every cop spineless? Run along, you don't and never will belong. Sounds like you never would have passed the PT anyway you weak, fat fuck.

23. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Post four was no better then post three, MC is no place for you,

24. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Actually I was just giving you some constructive advise on your writing skills and your sit-up situation. Sorry that your time in the Armed Service hadn't toughned up your skin. That's as nice as I get. Your clock on this site has just started to tick. Just remember we already have the job that you desire. You need us but we hardly need you.

Funny how all you got out of my above post is that I insulted you. I guess your reading comprehension suffers also.

Grow up.

25. Harbinger101-
    I'll just let you in on a little secret, in case you haven't picked up on it yet...
    The ladies and gentlemen on this forum are mostly fun, but serious about all matters law-enforcement. When a fresh fish comes exploring and asking questions, they will gladly answer, and give some good-natured ribbing along with it. Any simple search of threads will prove my point. If said fish can't take the friendly fire and gets defensive, it then can become a little more aggressive. You should remember that you came here asking questions because these people know what they're talking about. If they tell you to improve your writing skills and/or grammar, you should say thank you, and move on. If they tell you to stand on your head and cluck like a chicken, you should say thank you, and move on. See, it really doesn't matter to anyone here if you actually take the advice or not. It only matters to the people doing the testing, background investigations, hiring, and academies. Whatever you choose to do or not is up to you, it's your future on the line. But if you can't tell the difference between some elbow jabs and a full-fledged attack, you may not be cut out for law enforcement in the first place.
    Also, you should keep in mind this forum is for both serious topics and entertainment purposes. Don't be surprised if the lines between the two get a bit blurred from time to time.

...And I'm not LE, just another MC member who has made some observations during my time here on this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.