Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Patriots unveil memorial ahead of Veterans Day game

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -
The New England Patriots have dedicated a seat at Gillette Stadium to the thousands of soldiers who are unaccounted for.

The permanent black seat in the south end of Gillette Stadium will be dedicated to the thousands of soldiers who remain unaccounted for as POW/MIA during a ceremony Sunday.
The seat features a plaque that reads, "This unoccupied seat is dedicated to the memory of those brave men and women and to the sacrifices each made in serving this country."
The team will celebrate Veterans Day with pregame ceremonies Sunday. Veterans and active duty soldiers from each branch of the military and Coast Guard will join members of the Kraft family, Patriots alumni and Patriots cheerleaders to display a large American flag that will spread the entire length of the field in thanks and recognition of military members and their families.

Read more: http://www.wcvb.com/news/sports/Permanent-empty-seat-honors-POW-MIA-at-Gillette/-/9848968/17342336/-/8oxlfq/-/index.html#ixzz2BkF1uL5j

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
What a great gesture!

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Nice gesture? Yes very! unfortunately I dont buy any type of "support" for our Military by a man that regularly has Kerry and Jon Bon Jovi in his luxury box, imo support for our Military starts with voting and these guys are Obama people which tells me everythning I need to know.

·
BOOM!
1,353 Posts
Went to the game on Sunday and attended a pre-game reception in the Patriots Hall of Fame for the Wounded Warrior Project, USO and Student Veterans Association. Raytheon sponsored it and it was a great time. Bob Kraft spoke for a few minutes about how the organization supports the military etc., even citing that he let the Navy Seals conduct their "little drills" inside the stadium. Kind of curious what they consider "little drills"???

·
Working in the land of misfit toys
1,986 Posts
What would have been more impressive is if Kraft dedicated an ACTUAL set of seats at the 50 yard line. It's a nice gesture, but in reality thats not a seat the team sells anyways.

·
Working in the land of misfit toys
1,986 Posts
EVERY seat at a Patriots' at Gillette is sold.
Delta by the looks of the photo it appears to be a handicap access seat, which are not always sold out. As a season ticket holder for the last three years I can tell you that the seat next to me hasn't been sat in for three years (preseason, regular season, playoffs). The guy on the aisle has 2 seats, the empty one, then my two seats. I asked him if he ever had 3 tickets and dropped to 2 and he said no, so who knows what the deal with that seat is.

G

·
Delta by the looks of the photo it appears to be a handicap access seat, which are not always sold out. As a season ticket holder for the last three years I can tell you that the seat next to me hasn't been sat in for three years (preseason, regular season, playoffs). The guy on the aisle has 2 seats, the empty one, then my two seats. I asked him if he ever had 3 tickets and dropped to 2 and he said no, so who knows what the deal with that seat is.
Just because a seat is empty, doesn't mean it wasn't sold. The Red Sox officially have a sell-out record, but after they started stinking it up, Fenway wasn't close to being full.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts