Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PD Info

5K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  TheSnake 
#1 ·
If anyone works for, has worked for, or has any knowledge of the following police departments, please PM me, thanks!

Oxford, MA PD
Palmer, MA PD
Bellingham, MA PD
Lee, MA PD

#4 ·
This thread begs the reply:

If you are considering putting towns down on your CS selection AND you don't live in that town. . .you really should spend the phone call and ask the chief directly if there is any chance that they will hire from the Non-Resident list!

As Chief Ron Glidden told me today, anyone who puts Lee PD down, but does NOT live in Lee is just wasting their selection!

#6 ·
Hey guys, here is a little tip. I went to the academy with 5 Westford Cops, four of them were non residents. Westford is a pretty big department, I think 50-60 Officers, good pay, $50 an hour detail rate :D ,and plenty of action because it is right next to Lowell. You guys may want to consider Westford as an option.

#9 ·
I was told Westford was busy, and next to lowell by five Westford Cops I went to the academy with, but apparently you know everything. And by the way, I looked it up on map quest and it is exactly 2 towns over from Lowell, which if you ask me would be NEXT TO LOWELL. Also I am quite sure it is very busy compared to the department you work for, because you obviously are not a cop. Any way for those of you who accually have a chance to become a Cop, look in to Westford, and no I am not on crack, just trying to be helpfull.

#10 ·
RELAX PAL! Unlike you, I'm somewhat familiar with Westford. Maybe they
think the town is busy. It's a affluent town that's 10 miles from Lowell. I'm
quite sure they don't get much spill over from Lowell. BTW,I'm been on the job for almost 10 years and I work in a city. Don't give advice when you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

#14 ·
Well it's nice of you to join the pissing contest now that we are both all out of piss. I don't beleive I ever said that Westford resembeled Lowell, but that they stayed busy because Lowell was near by, which it is. I was told this by 5 Westford Officers, who also said that they had a 50-60 man department. Anyway I think SEABASS allready gigged me on this stuff, so what the hell are you trying to prove. All I was trying to do was give a little friendly advise.

" Calling all cars, be on the look out for another meathead Know it all who needs to prove who knows more about Westford, but has absolutely no positive input to help you guys find a job "

" Suspect is described as living and working in the imediate area of Westford, knows everything about Westford, and is know to idolize his big brother SEABASS." " Kick his ass SEABASS " :lol:

#15 ·
By the way Thimios315, while we are trying to prove how good our geography is, explain to me how the hell you live in Boston area---Lowell. I grew up in Boston and I am pretty sure it is not even on the same planet as Lowell. Feel free to explain your own inconsistancies, inadequacies, or both.

G
#17 ·
I am trying to become a police officer but I have been met with some resistance because I am openly gay. My husband thinks I should sue everybody but thats not how i want to do it. Do any of you guys have any advise for me? How about westford pd? Might they hire a homosexual?

#21 ·
If you honestly believe your not getting a job becuase you are gay, you need to sit back and look at the big picture...theres something else. Maybe you jump to conclusions too fast? Or maybe its just that EVERYONE wants to be a cop in this state and its very difficult to get into a FT Police job here.
I tend to keep a low profile about anything in my personal life during job interviews, and bringing a quality such as your sexual preference to the table probably isnt a good thing.
You are right about your husband, threatening to take the world to court becuase your having a hard time getting hired isnt the best advice. I'm not trying to rip on your here, just dropping my 2 cents in, good luck :idea:

#22 ·
Chester";p="68005 said:
I am trying to become a police officer but I have been met with some resistance because I am openly gay...
Madam - I find it somewhat incongruous to think a Police Department wouldn't hire you for being openly happy.
Simply control your exuberance during the interview and testing phases and you should just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.