Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,
If I could just jump in here for a minute to ask a favor of anyone on board tonight..
With the permission of the moderator, I am going to post a request for your help in the way of votes on a website. Here's the story:
I am a full-time patrolman in a Metro West Department. We have a 14 yr veteran Officer (39 yrs old), who is presently battling a rare form of cancer. A local businessman heard, through friends, of this Officer. He requested more information, and I was asked to meet with him this weekend, (he is a big fan of local Police). After I told him some background on the situation, he, totally out of the blue, told me he was giving this Officer and his wife $3,000.00 to purchase Christmas gifts for their three sons. He handed over a check and I delivered it in hand. This man wanted nothing in return, he sincerely wanted to help a Police Officer going through a horrible time.
This businessman has a huge Christmas display at his home in Millis, MA. It's free to the public and really over the top. It was featured on the TODAY SHOW this morning, and they now have it on their website as part of a contest. ** Can those who care to, please log on and vote for KEVIN MEEHAN'S display as being the best? ** The vote has to be in by Thurs night, and I would really like to get him a bunch of votes....I figured it's the least I can do. I appreciate your time tonight, (and hope you understand it being kept general to protect our brother's privacy).

Thanks very much in advance.
cmagryan

·
1,334 Posts
I just voted. Channel 7 was at the house last night. Thats a pretty good display...

·
Registered
316 Posts
all set - vote was cast... as asked in another post, anything that we can do directly for the officer's family?

·
Subscribing Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
all,

** He won!! ** The display in Millis won!!! I thank each one of you who voted, I am so sincerely grateful.

also:
SOT_II ...thanks for the help with the links.
MetroWest, girlcop, etc ...thanks for asking. Our association is doing what we can to financially assist, (with a big boost given for Christmas by Mr. Meehan). We are looking to do a fundraiser in early spring. I will keep you posted. Thanks.
Dunngeon ...I'll get on that gingerbread display for you. Thanks.

I appreciate your support on behalf of this kind man who helped our brother Officer.

with much appreciation,
cmagryan

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I hate to be the horrible one here...but I didn't think his display was the best.

Although...I do think that what he did was amazing and generous.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Locals win national Xmas lights contest
By Jennifer Pollack / News Staff Writer
Friday, December 17, 2004

MILLIS -- Al Roker is coming to our neck of the woods today and broadcasting his "Today" show weather segments live from the Meehan property starting at 7 a.m.

The Meehan family won the "Al be Home for Christmas" holiday lights contest. In addition to being recognized as the best lights display in the nation, the grand prize is Roker himself visiting the winning home.

Kevin and Patricia Meehan and their five kids Krystal, 22; Leah and Jason, 10-year-old twins; and Jack and Sean, 7-year-old twins; worked for months to light up part of their 40-acre farm property at 60 Causeway St. In addition to the traditional lights and Nativity scene, the exhibit features 40 display boxes with moving Christmas scenes and an actual diner from Worcester.

Kevin Meehan said yesterday "excited" is not the word to describe his kid's reaction.

"It's like they ate five pounds of sugar," he said.

The Meehans found out last week their home was one of three finalist in the contest. They beat out Bob and Sandy Kendall of Chanhassen, Minn., and Chad Bernard of Lebanon, Tenn., for the top prize.

To enter the contest the family sent in a one-minute video of their property. The "Today" show narrowed the entrants down to the three finalists and the nation was able to vote online Tuesday and Wednesday for their favorite display.

The "Today" show notified the family by telephone yesterday morning and broadcast their reaction live from the Imperial Chrysler car dealership Kevin owns.

"Jack was the funniest. He said, 'I just want to thank all of the people who voted for us,"' Kevin said.

Meehan said he thought the other entries were great, and he didn't think he would win. The other two finalist homes were filmed on clear days, but it was raining the day NBC filmed the Meehan home. He said he was worried they wouldn't be able to get a clear shot with the full effect.

According to "Today" show representative Lauren Kapp, the show has aired the Al be Home for Christmas contest for the past three years and Meehan is the first winner from Massachusetts.

Kapp said the "Today" show will not reveal how many votes were cast for each of the three finalists.

This is the second time the "Today" show has been to the town of about 8,000 residents this year.

On Sept. 26 the show surprised Donald Roman at his Millis home to let him know he won the "Wanna-Be Campbell Brown and Lester Holt for a day" contest. Roman was flown to New York City and got to anchor "Weekend Today."

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.