Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here work for PPD or have any inside info? Just picked up an application today and plan on applying this week. Seems like it would be a very busy dept. from their crime stats and the pay seems to be pretty good.

·
Subscribing Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My girlfriend practacly begged me not to apply there. She goes to college in the area and thinks its a "disgusting" city. I don't know too much about RI except that its expensive to live and people drive with minimal auto insurance. Starting pay seems good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i picked up my app a couple of days ago. the deadline for the applications must be filed is on November 22, 2004 by 3:30. Im not sure if there is a website, i have searched but still have not found one. let me know if you have better luck.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I found something on the internet that had an annoucement for applications for "POLICE OFFICER CITY OF PAWTUCKET MERIT SYSTEM".......what does merit system mean? There are hiring full time officers, correct? thanks

·
Subscribing Member
1,322 Posts
Pawtucket Posting

RI Civil Service has nothing to do with hiring municipal PO's or FF's, each city/town has their own way of establishing a list to hire off , Pawtucket call theirs the Merit System.

·
Registered
243 Posts
What is the salary scale?? Do you have to move to Pawtucket, or is a boardering town ok. I live on the southern Mass boarder, and am about 30 minutes from Pawtucket...don't want to move again...LOL.

Posted Fri 12 Nov, 2004 12:00:

I mean border...LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
says on the packet i got with the app that the pay after 6 months probationary period is $45,949. as for if you or i would have to move there if we got on i am not sure. it just says you have to be a u.s. citizen and have a valid drivers license.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I just know not being from RI its pronounced p'tuck-it....not paw-tuck-it :lol:

Sorry about the lame post I jst wanted to make SGT before bed!
:punk:

·
Subscribing Member
1,322 Posts
darkknight750il @ Sat 13 Nov said:
I just know not being from RI its pronounced p'tuck-it....not paw-tuck-it :lol:
Unless of course you are referring to the Pawtucket Patriot (Family Guy reference)

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
Good luck, I went through the process it took over as year I ended up on the list at #2 out of hudereds, went throgh the whole process top to bottom and go tthe run around.

Posted Tue 16 Nov, 2004:

Its more like 50 to start, this came from the Chief at my final oral board.

But being the sucker I am I will apply again, HAHAHAHA

·
Subscribing Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just dropped off my application today. Anyone else get pestered by the black dude for spare change on the first floor? :DP: I told him my birthday is next month and asked what he has for me... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Im heading down last minute on Monday to pick up app., fill it out, and turn it in. I noticed it said "no phone calls" so I was wondering if anyone knows if PPD needs copies of college transcripts, high school diploma, or anything else with app. I will be traveling from North Shore Mass. so I will not have time to travel back to pick up need documents. Any help is appreciated.

G

·
I'll be there, probably wont pass haha if anyone has taken this test or any PTs please let me know, this will be my first and i have a lot of questions- my AIM is sublimemjv or email is [email protected]. thanks

1 - 20 of 37 Posts