Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tom Brady loss dampens win

1h ago | By Karen Guregian

FOXBORO - Going into yesterday's season opener, the biggest fear regarding...
  1. 56 Comments

2. Video
  3. Poll
KC's Bernard Pollard not listening to Moss' 'dirty' talk

17m ago | By Dan Duggan

FOXBORO - Randy Moss wasn't happy to see Tom Brady leave yesterday's...
  1. 2 Comments

2. Video
  3. Poll
Injury to Tom Brady deals Super quest fatal blow

1h ago | By John Tomase

FOXBORO - In a tunnel beneath Gillette Stadium, the worst nightmare of Patriots fans...
  1. 8 Comments

2. Video
  3. Poll
Matt Cassel good in relief, but remains a mystery

38m ago | By Steve Buckley

FOXBORO - Late yesterday afternoon at Gillette Stadium, the game over, the Patriots...
  1. 1 Comment

2. Video
  3. Poll
NY quick to hear Tom Brady's injury

7h ago | By Karen Guregian
FOXBORO - While coach Bill Belichick and the Patriots took more of a wait-and-see approach with respect to the severity of Tom Brady's injured left knee,...

Ellis Hobbs first-rate leader of team's secondary

7h ago | By John Tomase

FOXBORO - Ellis Hobbs is suddenly the longest-tenured member of the Patriots cornerback corps, and he played like it yesterday. ...
  1. 1 Comment
Randy Moss, Matt Cassel connect

59m ago | By Steve Buckley

FOXBORO - Thrust into a role as the Patriots quarterback yesterday, Matt Cassel immediately showed himself to be a pretty...

1. Video
  2. Poll
Patriots running game steps up at right time

7h ago | By Dan Ventura
FOXBORO - File away the missing person report, the Patriots running game was spotted yesterday at Gillette Stadium. After a winless preseason in which...

Patriots backers feel hit in their pockets

7h ago | By Chris Letourneau

Remember last year, when the Patriots started 8-0 against the spread but finished 10-9 because Vegas set the lines higher...
  1. 1 Comment
Wary Pats' fans: We're pulling for you, Tom Brady

8h ago | By Katy Jordan

A heartbroken Patriot Nation is praying for Tom Brady this morning, hoping the painful...
  1. 3 Comments
Brady Suffers Torn ACL, Could Be Out For Season

FOXBORO (WBZ) ― WBZ's Dan Roche has confirmed that the initial diagnosis on the injury Tom Brady suffered in Sunday's game is a torn ACL -- anterior cruciate ligament -- to his left knee, and he is likely done for the season.

The team will know more when they get the results of an MRI on Monday.

Brady suffered a tough hit straight to the knee by Kansas City Chief safety Bernard Pollard in the first quarter. After the hit, Brady fell to the ground and clutched his knee, grimacing in pain. Team physicians had to help him off the field.

Wide receiver Randy Moss thinks Pollard's hit may have been a cheap shot. "The face of the New England Patriots and Tom being who he is and the competitor that he is… is actually.. kind of hurts to be honest with you.

Pollard, who could have knocked Brady out for the whole season, was also phased by the tackle on the New England QB. "As soon as it happened, as soon as everything was done… As soon as I heard him scream, I said 'I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.' People came back to me and told me how dirty I am. I'm not a dirty player at all. I've never been a dirty player, and I never want to be a dirty player. I don't want that title."

"Anytime your starting quarterback goes out of the game, and especially a guy like Tom that's got so many qualities out on the field that lead to our success, and who is our ultimate leader of offense, so, it's a bad feeling," said Matt Light.

Before he was hit, Brady had completed a 26-yard pass to Moss, who fumbled the ball away when he was tackled.

Patriots backup quarterback Matt Cassel took over for Brady and helped lead New England to a 17-10 win over Kansas City. Cassel said he's been waiting for this moment his whole life, but he is still shaken over Brady's injury. "You never wish injury on anybody, and since I've been here and being around Tom, he's always popped back up," said Cassel.

Sunday was the first time Brady took to the field this season. He did not play any of the preseason games because of an unspecified foot injury.

http://wbztv.com/sports/patriots/tom.brady.knee.2.812176.html

Live Webcast
http://wbztv.com/

11:45 a.m.: Belichick News Conference

React: Cheap Shot? Can Cassel Step Up?

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tom Brady out for season

Photo by Nancy Lane
Patriots quarterback Tom Brady tended to on the field after a hit during the Pats' win against the Kansas City Chiefs yesterday. Brady will undergo surgery on his left knee and is out for the season.

By Karen Guregian
Monday, September 8, 2008 - Updated 4m ago

FOXBORO - The worst has been confirmed.
Patriots [team stats] quarterback and reigning NFL most valuable player Tom Brady [stats] will miss the rest of the season, the team revealed today. The franchise QB was placed on injured reserve after tests this morning revealed the damage to his left knee will require season-ending surgery.
"First we feel badly for Tom about the injury," said Patriots coach Bill Belichick. "You hate to see anyone go down. Nobody has worked harder and done more for this team than Tom. It's a tough setback for him. That's obviously the bad news."
The injury occurred when Chiefs safety Bernard Pollard dove into Brady's left knee after being blocked to the ground midway through the first quarter of the Patriots' season-opening 17-10 victory over the Chiefs. Brady remained on the field, clutching the knee, until the training staff attended to him. He was helped off the field and did not return.
Belichick talked about how to replace the huge void. Brady had started 128 consecutive games and was widely regarded among the top two quarterbacks in the game.
"Each guy has a job to do," he said. "They need to do it as well as they can. That really doesn't change. He played one position, played it very well. There will be someone else playing that position now. We have a lot of confidence in Matt (Cassel)."
Cassel came on to replace Brady and lead the team to the win. He completed 13-of-18 passes for 152 yards and a touchdown.
Responding to reports that said the Pats were interviewing quarterbacks Chris Simms and Tim Rattay, Belichick said, "In spite of what some people are putting out there, we haven't worked out a quarterback or given a physical. Believe me, we had a lot of people call us. Despite what people are saying, it's simply not true."
Some on the Patriots, including wide receiver Randy Moss, regarded Pollard's hit as a dirty one. However, Greg Aiello, the NFL's senior vice president of public relations, sent word yesterday that the league looked into the hit and it was deemed clean.
"It is not a foul because the defensive player was coming off and affected by a block by the offense," Aiello responded in an email.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/foot...Tom_Brady_out_for_season/srvc=home&position=0

1 - 2 of 2 Posts