Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Patrol Officer
College of the Holy Cross
Perform a variety of duties to provide protection to the college community members and property, enforce existing laws, rules and regulations as well as perform other related duties following standard practices and procedures. Must be able to work as a team member to incorporate community policing in a customer service atmosphere within the on-campus college community.

QUALIFICATIONS:

Previous experience in security/law enforcement, preferably in a college or university environment. Special State Police Officer Academy certified preferred. Capable of meeting the requirements for appointment as a Special Police Officer. Mass driver's license and certification in CPR and First Aid training required. Must satisfactorily pass a physical exam as well as the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2, Rotter Sentence Completion and Beck Depression Inventory tests. Full-time. Varied hours/work days.

HOURS: Varied Shifts (40hrs/52wks)

To apply or for additional information, please visit www.holycross.edu/human_resources/ or contact Employment Coordinator at (508) 793-2756

The College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and complies with all Federal and Massachusetts laws concerning Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action in the workplace.

A member of the Colleges of Worcester Consortium

G

·
Question....what is the Beck depression inventory test...Ive propably taken it..a reminder please..
The Beck Depression Inventory is a comprehensive evaluation of a candidate's mental ability to handle the following situation; you're hired as a police officer, trained as a police officer, you wear a police uniform, have the power of arrest, and are expected to in all ways act as a police officer, but you're not issued the basic equipment (firearm) necessary to do the job of a police officer.

I'm kidding, but that's not far from the truth.

As for the Minnesota Multiphase, I'm sure the fact I answered "NO" to "My stools are black and tarry" was the reason I got the job. :rolleyes:

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,428 Posts
As for the Minnesota Multiphase, I'm sure the fact I answered "NO" to "My stools are black and tarry" was the reason I got the job. :rolleyes:
I had to check during the test before I answered. I didn't want to get it wrong and be labled insane...not until I had been hired at least. :(

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,693 Posts
Ah the old MMPI...
I couldn't find an answer for color and consistency of peanut butter
either. Seriously, what a joke!
:p
Most of the classic results are "hiding a deep secret", "needs to feel validated" and "being oppressed in a relationship" Ya like that DOESN'T describe most of us normal folks.
:rolleyes:

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,428 Posts
Those tests just never seem to work well for those folks with multiple personalities. I mean really, what if Edgar comes out that day and Edgar is the PERFECT candidate, but Gus is the REAL personality who is very violent, or Stan who is so timid that flies send him into a panic. Then there could be Vince who is a cross dressing cat rapist.

Well, I guess these tests aren't fool proof but ya gotta start somewhere. Don't ya? I'm asking you Vince, don't ya?

LMAO

Most of the classic results are "hiding a deep secret", "needs to feel validated" and "being oppressed in a relationship" Ya like that DOESN'T describe most of us normal folks.
:rolleyes:
What do you mean by that crack? NORMAL? Them's fightin' words! :confused:

G

·
Question....what is the Beck depression inventory test...Ive propably taken it..a reminder please..
They put you in a room listening to Beck for 1 hour. If you haven't turned to drugs, or taken a .40 calibre breath mint, you'll do fine at the Cross.

- Watch this if you don't know what I mean.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts