1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Patriots receiver Julian Edelman arrested for indecent assault

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 1, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT

Getty Images

A rough weekend for the Patriots has spilled over into this week.
The Boston Globe reports that Patriots receiver Julian Edelman
will be arraigned Tuesday on charges of indecent assault and battery.
It's unclear when the arrest happened or what circumstances led to an
arrest. Edelman has been used mostly as a return man this year, with nine
punt returns, nine kick returns, and four receptions.

Boston Globe:
http://www.boston.com/Boston/metrod...ery-charges/dQY96YADe5N3kCQMA530ZM/index.html

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts
Eh, maybe it was someone looking for a payday.
Sounds like there was a witness to the alleged assault, and a subsequent confrontation. The alleged VICTIM and the witness were ejected from the club by the staff, and then Edelman was arrested. I'm not sure the club has their priorities straight.

·
G-Rap made me do it!
2,729 Posts
The vic/wit got ejected because the witness was threatening to beat up edelman. When they found out why they tossed him too.

·
Super Moderator
6,574 Posts
Exactly

·
Registered
682 Posts
Really, HH...well there goes the witness credibility.. i never really understood why the athletes went out and partied in public, why take the chance. Didn't a Celtic get stabbed somewhere in a bar, or did i make that up

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Yes, Paul Walker got stabbed. I just thought that for a few reasons, not even worth discussing but we shall see.

·
Subscribing Member
824 Posts
Edelemen may be 'innocent' but lets not give him a collective reach around by dismissing the incident simply as someone seeking a payday. Even if she accepts 10 grand to drop it does not equate to him being shook down. I have a daughter, if some pro athlete ever grabbed her inappropriately I would hope eveyone and their brother wouldn't accuse her as being money hungry if the case was made public. If he grabbed her he is in fact a maggot, period.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
I completely agree Brick. You will not find a person that puts less weight to what ahletes or celebs say or do than me. I'm not even a fan, I have watched maybe 5 games in the last ten yrs. My gut instinct was based more on the integrity, or I should say the way I have perceived the Patriots organizations integrity over the years. They seem like integrity is a huge part of being a Patriot so I was thniking someone with a problem like sticking your hand up a girls costume would have been weeded out a while ago. Then when you add in the odd story and who knows, he could be a real scumbag and I hope if thats the case he gets what he deserves.

·
Subscribing Member
6,688 Posts
not a fan either, but i bet it was no secret who he was.

having little faith in people these days it just sounded like the kid was set up.

the only time i find out who's on the team is when they end up in the paper like Brady that time he landed on some poor girl after jumping off a stage.

would want to be compensated ( or at least my medical bills paid ) if one of those big goons landed on me :shades_smile:

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts
I have a daughter, if some pro athlete ever grabbed her inappropriately I would make sure the only sport he ever played is from a wheel chair
FIFY

·
Registered
10,554 Posts
Lawyer: Julian Edelman's accuser 'a class act'

The mystery woman at the heart of the Julian Edelman groping scandal is a "class act" and a graduate student who doesn't follow football and had no clue who the Patriots [team stats] wide receiver was when he allegedly assaulted her during a Back Bay club's Halloween blowout, her lawyer tells the Herald.
In fact, attorney Timothy Bradl said tonight, it wasn't until "well after" Boston police became involved that his client and her boyfriend learned Edelman was a pro football player.
"She had no interaction with (Edelman). She doesn't know (Edelman). She wasn't dancing with (Edelman). She in no way enticed or ever spoke with him," Bradl said. "This is not about the Patriots.

Lawyer: Julian Edelman's accuser "a class act" - BostonHerald.com

·
Premium Member
6,115 Posts
He refused to say if the woman is a graduate student at the medical school or what character she was dressed as.
What difference does it make what she was dressed as? If what she is saying is true, there is no excuse for someone doing what he is accused of doing. Even if she was interacting with him in some way, there is no excuse for someone doing what he is accused of doing.

·
Registered
10,554 Posts
Assault Charges Dropped Against Pats Player

BOSTON -- Charges were dropped Thursday against a New England Patriots player accused of groping a woman at a Boston nightclub.
Julian Edelman, 25, was arrested Halloween night at the Storyville nightclub on Exeter Street and charged with indecent assault and battery.According to the police report, a woman said she was on the dance floor when a man later identified as Edelman reached under her costume and grabbed her.After a comprehensive review of the evidence, Suffolk County prosecutors dropped the case against Edelman.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts