Patriot's Day | MassCops

Patriot's Day

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by LA Copper, Jan 13, 2017.

1. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

Myself and a fellow Bostonian who is also an LAPD officer, just saw the movie today.

Very emotional to say the least. Sadness, pride, excitement... It made both of us very proud to be from Boston and to be in law enforcement. The way everyone came together during that extremely tumultuous time was awe inspiring. Big time kudos to Mass law enforcement for doing what needed to be done. You guys made us all proud!

dave7336, Chitownlost, Tuna and 4 others like this.
  2. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I read the member reviews on IMDB and believe me, the conspiracy lunatics are all over it. It's sad that mental illness does not guarantee a place in an asylum anymore. I can't wait to see it myself. The whole movie appeals to me, but knowing that my co-workers were in Watertown (on a night that I had taken a "V" day) and that a fellow campus cop was taken from us by these animals and is portrayed, just makes me need to see it.

I'm still bitter over all the 'campus cops' being seated behind the MSP the day of the memorial. Yeah, I'm beating a dead horse but it will never STOP bothering me that, though Sean Collier was ONE OF OURS more so than the collective "OURS" we were treated as second class cops. This will bother me until the day I die. Why did the TROOPERS sit in front of the CAMPUS COPS when it was a CAMPUS COP we were honoring? I'm still very pissed off.* Sorry, I got off the main topic.

I DO want to see this movie, but knowing my luck, it'll be on Netflix (which I DO have) long before I have the opportunity to see it in a theatre. I have HBO too, so no matter what, I'll SEE it!

*and sorry, but the Trooper who lead us in cadence was HORRIBLE at it.