Patrick says he considered resigning | MassCops

Patrick says he considered resigning

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by cc3915, Feb 9, 2011.

1. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

In early 2007, just weeks after taking office, Deval Patrick seriously considered resigning. His wife, weeping and unable to sleep, had been admitted to McLean Hospital with depression. Rather than savoring his election as the first black governor of Massachusetts, Patrick and his wife were dreading four years in the public eye.

In his soon-to-be-released memoir, “A Reason To Believe,’’ an uncorrected proof of which was obtained by the Globe, Patrick also reveals that he failed the bar exam twice, and that he and his wife, Diane, were rejected — “blackballed,’’ he says — by The Country Club, a famously exclusive retreat in Brookline.

In book, Governor Deval Patrick says he considered resigning - The Boston Globe

[​IMG]

---------- Post added at 13:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:05 ----------

If only.......

2. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

That will be the most expensive toilet paper I've ever used.

3. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

"Resignation is still an option"...

4. tsunami

tsunami MassCops Member

SOB why didnt he resign!!

5. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

He's saying that to make people feel bad for him. Boo fricken hoo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. jettsixx

jettsixx Had enough

CC when I read the title of that thread I was hoping it was recent. Then when I clicked on it I see it was 2007:stomp: You really had my hopes up and then to be let down in such a horrible way....... I dont even know what to say.

7. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

According to his history, this has been the only thing he hasn't quit, unfortunately.

8. jettsixx

jettsixx Had enough

He is still hoping barry will invite him to D.C. as a matter of fact so am I.

9. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

My guess is he considered resigning about as seriously as I considered voting for him...

10. GeepNutt

GeepNutt MassCops Member

Wow what a let down, I read Deval and resign in the same sentence and started to get a stirring in the nether regions........ :stomp:

11. frapmpd24

frapmpd24 Senior Member

I would imagine the thought of that nitwit resigning would give quite a few people on this board that Chris Matthews type feeling...

Unfortunately the voters in lovely Marxachusetts love to be abused year after year and election after election by moonbats like Deval.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. irish529

irish529 MassCops Member

He considered resigning but he went out and got a new caddy and some curtains so he stayed.

13. Mozzarella

Mozzarella MassCops Member

Learn something new everyday, I didn't know he was married to a woman.

14. DEI8

DEI8 Supporting Member

I believe it was LG that called those women Fag-Hags.:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

15. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I can only agree if it's a small job with no real effect on the country. I've said it before, though I hate what he does here, I'd rather him continue to screw up ONLY this messed up place than get to DC and screw up the UNITED STATES! His buddy is doing a fine job of hat on his own, he doesn't need any help!

16. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

What a fucking tease!

17. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

My wife nailed it on the first shot, and definately didn't go to Harvard....

18. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Howie Carr: Hey Deval Patrick, ‘Believe’ it or not — I don’t

[​IMG] By Howie Carr
    Friday, February 11, 2011

[​IMG]
    Photo by Ted Fitzgerald
    Deval Patrick

He flunked the bar exam not once, but twice?
    Deval Patrick went to Milton Academy, Harvard College and Harvard Law School, and it still took him three times to pass the bar? What does Joe Pesci say in “My Cousin Vinny”?
    “The sixth time’s the charm.”
    The difference, of course, is that Vinny didn’t go to all those la-de-da schools on the arm.
    So now this millionaire, who skates through life being handed one trophy after another, collects a $1.35 million advance for his book, “A Reason to Believe.” That’s the same title Mario Cuomo and lots of other people used for their tomes, although I’m guessing Deval’s inspiration came from the old Rod Stewart platter:
    “Knowing that you lied, straight-faced, while I cried.”

Full Story:
    Howie Carr: Hey Deval Patrick, ‘Believe’ it or not — I don’t - BostonHerald.com

19. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

He considered resigning? He's way too narcissistic for that, he probably thought without him the Commonewealth would collapse, so he should stay.