Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my confirmation for my PAT, it will be next week in Hudson. Anyone else attending? I was told this is the new location for the Police PAT. Isn't the fire PAT at this same place?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have my preview tom. morning......How many times will they let me run the course? Reason I ask is that there is only a few going, from what I was told. I wasn't sure if they would let us go at it a couple times.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just went for the preview yesterday morning in Hudson. Have taken the one before in Worcester and the guy in Hudson said yesterday that Worcester course was actually wrongly measured being too short. How did you guys do on your PAT's?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I passed the PAT on the 29th....the guy told us the same thing. How did you make out with your preview? What academy are you aiming for? Good luck on the 12th.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Speaking of errors on the PAT... Our department sent 6 of us to Chicopee a few years back to run the PAT there because our local PAT was closed (although only for a week!). Anyhow, during the preview day, our proctor told us it was his first day running the police test, and it showed. Instead of having one 'event' (stairs, low hazard, window, ect) per lap he made us do an event, then run a lap without an event, then an event lap and so on. We had all done pretty well 2 years prior when we originally were hired as intermitants but that day we added another 30-40 seconds to our times. Thank god we knew something was wrong! After we all had finished, we asked if HRD had changed the test. A couple phone calls later, we had an appology. Good thing that day did not mean anything.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bpd145 said:
Speaking of errors on the PAT... Our department sent 6 of us to Chicopee a few years back to run the PAT there because our local PAT was closed (although only for a week!). Anyhow, during the preview day, our proctor told us it was his first day running the police test, and it showed. Instead of having one 'event' (stairs, low hazard, window, ect) per lap he made us do an event, then run a lap without an event, then an event lap and so on. We had all done pretty well 2 years prior when we originally were hired as intermitants but that day we added another 30-40 seconds to our times. Thank god we knew something was wrong! After we all had finished, we asked if HRD had changed the test. A couple phone calls later, we had an appology. Good thing that day did not mean anything.
That was so you can simulate a citywide foot pursuit! :lol: Thank god for previews!

Posted Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:42 pm:

Anyone take the PAT today?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts