PAT ? - Heavy Bag Pull down | MassCops

PAT ? - Heavy Bag Pull down

Discussion in 'MPTC' started by 2rue, Feb 1, 2008.

1. 2rue

2rue Guest

I checked Mass.gov and saw the video. They don't mention how much the bag weighs. From what I've read here the dusty floor seems to be a problem when doing the cones. I'm just curious to now how much the heavy bag weighs and if they add weight to it? So it's one of the last obstacles in the course. I saw that the guy went head on to the bag and touched the floor with it. Then u have a seperate event, which is timed, where you have to pull the bag away.
    What is the best approach/technique to pull the bag over the line? Should you worry about getting both feet over the line first?

Thanks for any input!

2. VanCott

VanCott New Member

The bag is 75lbs and it is attached to 50lbs of weight. After you exit the cones & enter the box for the pull down, you must come to a complete stop within the box prior to grabbing the bag. You must then take the bag & push it beyond the line & touch it to the ground, while keeping your entire body in the box.
    On the seperation drill, the trick is when you enter the box and take hold of the bag...run foward with it to gain momentum and then bag peddle with it and touch it to the ground outside of the box. Do that a second time & remember that the clock ends when your feet & the bag are back within the box & the weights touch back down.
    Hope this helps.

3. misconceived

misconceived is Goin down the bah

The weight really doesn't matter. It's on a pulley so the momentum helps you out.

Don't worry about technique either, the guys that run the test are VERY particular about how you do the events.

Just watch that dusty floor.

4. Mikey682

Mikey682 Subscribing Member

That dusty floor sucks. If you take the corners at a full speed you run the risk of breaking your ass. The bag is a problem for lightweights (like me), it took one or two hefty pulls for me to accomplish the pull-down on the first try. Best of Luck!

5. mschumann

mschumann MassCops Member

does anyone have the link to that video?

6. HOLLYROCK50

HOLLYROCK50 New Member

Don't sweat the bag. It's not that hard to do. I found that it was easier than I thought it was going to be. As for the rest of the course. TAKE YOUR TIME. You do not have to sprint to finish in time. I slipped and fell 3 times taking corners and still had time left. The only way you will fail is if you can't get over the wall. And I heard that they put steps in? Good Luck!

7. misconceived

misconceived is Goin down the bah

8. Macop

Macop Subscribing Member

Don't worry the test is a joke, you will be fine.

po-904 likes this.
  9. Bull614

Bull614 MassCops Member

The test is a joke now that they took the difficulty of the wall out of the equation with the make shift ladder on the back of it, Actully the test was a joke even before they did that.

Good luck,

If you want it bad enough, anyone can pass it.

10. tb12

tb12 New Member

does anyone know the resistance or weight for handcuffing and is the heavy bag pull down the same weight for both stations? thank you!

11. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

The handcuffing station is easier than snot...maybe 20 pounds at most. I don't have a number though.

I deleted your other threads since you asked the same question.

12. tb12

tb12 New Member

does anyone know the resistance or weight for the handcuffing station, just curious on how hard it is to pull those things. Also, any advice on the heavy bag station, how heavy, difficulty, etc. Any help is greatly appreciated

13. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

It's a complete joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Yup. I remember my first time doing it...I grabbed it so hard I pulled it all the way to the stop and had to ease back.

15. tb12

tb12 New Member

thanks for the replies, how about the dummy, how much does it weigh, difficulty?

16. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Did you step on the scale?

Baaa dummmm tssssss!

But in all honesty... I find these questions amusing. Strength related PT challenges? Comedy. Running? FTW.

And if you don't stop asking the same question in multiple threads, I will launch your ass so fast your keyboard will catch fire. Last warning.

zm88, Goose and Hush like this.
  17. 7point

7point MassCops Member

The only issue you will have is not falling on your ass around the first corner! I think there is sand on the floor from when my father went there 30 years ago.