Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently training for the PAT and academy which begins in a little over a month. I was hoping some of you guys could help me out with some training techniques. Right now im running 6 miles a day and working on my sit-ups and push-ups? What would you guys suggest for training for the PAT? distance running? sprints? free weights? and what about the academy? distance running? push-ups? sit-ups? free wights? cardio? thanks for any insight you guys may have.

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you do a search you will find A LOT of information about this subject... But I will give you advice...

RUN, RUN, RUN, RUN, RUN... Hit the free weights moderately, you're not entering Mr. Olympia so don't go crazy. Just have a good cardiovascular system under your belt and you'll be fine... I like to run on the beach when the weather permits, gives you a good boost in your run with all the incline.

Push-ups and sit-ups are fine but at 22 years old you should have no problem breezing through that part...

Good luck...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Run, as much as you can, sit-ups, push-ups are good too. But if you have no problem running 6 miles you should be good, just keep that up. PAT test is easy, don't sweat that. What academy are you going to?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha i hope so. im 22 but im also 6'5" 265 lbs. Im guessing i am probably going to be one of the bigger guys at the PAT and in the academy. I do weigh 265 lbs but i like to think im pretty athletic and in shape for my size. I played collegiate lacrosse for four years and like i said im up to running 6 miles each day. Still, the size thing does concern me a little. thanks for the input though guys. Any information helps. the PAT is the first 2 thursdays of october and the academy is the transit academy which begins october 20th.

·
Registered
217 Posts
haha i hope so. im 22 but im also 6'5" 265 lbs. Im guessing i am probably going to be one of the bigger guys at the PAT and in the academy. I do weigh 265 lbs but i like to think im pretty athletic and in shape for my size. I played collegiate lacrosse for four years and like i said im up to running 6 miles each day. Still, the size thing does concern me a little. thanks for the input though guys. Any information helps. the PAT is the first 2 thursdays of october and the academy is the transit academy which begins october 20th.
Good luck in the T academy. What department are you getting on?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Dude....if youre running 6 miles a day...youre gonna laugh at the PAT.
Ask the 18 people who failed the PAT test for Boston PD if they're laughing now.....most just didn't take the test seriously enough. You must think of each and every step as an independent test. And even if you pass there's never anyone saying "welcome aboard...here's your badge" until you pass ALL the tests. The Boston Academy has lost 23 recruits this class!!! Take every stage like your career is riding on it, because it is!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.