Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and girls,

Since most of you are police officers I thought I would post this here to see if any of you know the law about this. Are electronic air horns and/or pa systems legal in a car? If not who is allowed to have them? Thanks.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Brought it back and moved this one....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I never said I want to put one in my car, I did use the word car in my original post though which I shouldnt have. I am asking this becuase I know of a tow truck company that has them in their trucks and I want to know if it is legal, so please dont make this out to be a cop wannabe thread. Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn your good lol, ok but I didnt lie totally, that really is true that a tow truck company has then in their trucks and I would like to know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol, i gutta hand it to you guys, but yea def plz dont make it out that I am a wannabee I am not, I do work for an agency and I am curious, and its really true about the tow truck and I would like to know. So can anyone answer my original question?

·
Super Moderator
7,134 Posts
scannerk said:
Lol, i gutta hand it to you guys, but yea def plz dont make it out that I am a wannabee I am not, I do work for an agency and I am curious, and its really true about the tow truck and I would like to know. So can anyone answer my original question?
See:

http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/90-7i.htm
http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/90-16.htm

In particular, 90/16: "No siren shall be mounted upon any motor vehicle except fire apparatus, ambulances, vehicles used in official line of duty by any member of the police or fire fighting forces of the commonwealth or any agency or political subdivision thereof, and vehicles owned by call fire fighters or by persons with police powers and operated in official line of duty, unless authorized by the registrar."

Keep in mind that a siren speaker (even if just mounted on the car and not connected to anything) would be considered a 'siren'.

As far as if your EMA authorizes you to have it...you would probably want to get written authorization from them before slapping it on your car.

As far as the tow truck...it's not really legal, per se.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Another case solved by the MassCops Detective Division, NEXT.....................

·
Registered
370 Posts
What about your profile on the other site?
Where it asks you from where you heard about the site?

Your answer...crownvic.net.

Hmmmmmm.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.