Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm compiling a list of some towns where P/I's and Specials can do crusier shifts in addition to details. If you know of some, please list them here. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts
Plympton...P/I and specials both work many shifts as well as details.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Seekonk, Rehoboth and I think Norton

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
Yes Norton does, just go to western/central mass and most all the towns, the p/timers are treated like f/timers. I spent 4 yrs out there.

·
Subscribing Member
342 Posts
Add

Berlin
Boylston and
West Boylston
to the list. although West Boylston is phasing out their part-timers

·
Registered
121 Posts
West Boylston has already down the phasing out...the only part timer still there is a retired WB cop...he works details

texdep said:
Add

Berlin
Boylston and
West Boylston
to the list. although West Boylston is phasing out their part-timers

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,693 Posts
All the Bridgewaters P/I's do it all. (East and West too)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Acushnet details/road shifts, Wareham same thing, Marion, Mattapoisett (must be an EMT), and I think Rochester and Freetown... I also beleive a lot of cape towns do it that way also. The only way to get on that I know of in Acushnet, Wareham, Marion, and Mattapoisett is to be a PI first then go full time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Blackstone PD does NOT have reserves or specials. They have Explorers that occasionally ride along with the officers but no reserves or specials.

Lunenburg, MA as well as Ashburnham and Westminster, MA PD's allow part timers cruiser shifts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
redpara said:
Uxbridge as well. The only way they will hire F/T is after you work a while as a P/I.
Plainville's P.I.'s work shifts and details. They work our training days, personal days, comp days, and sick days after 10 (extended sick). They attend the P.I. Academy for 22 weeks. They get step one pay forever and uniforms and equipment are provided under contract.
Under Civil Service when you call for a list for full time, you only get your P.I.'s. Actually a good way to "road test" people before they're hired.

Our Special Officers only work details. In our case there's about 10. They're mostly local retired guys. Nice having them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts