Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In reference to out of state plates, does anyone know the colors of the plate expiration year stickers for NH, CT and RI plates? (you know, the little registration stickers on the top or bottom right corners).

2004, 2005, 06, 07, etc..

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
CT:
2004 - Yellow
2005 - Light Blue (very hard to see)
2006 - Green
2007 - Royal Blue

Should be placed in the Upper Right Hand Corner of the plate, but 9 times out of 10, it isn't :(

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you work for a police dept you can call the locall RMV in all those states.

RPD931 said:
In reference to out of state plates, does anyone know the colors of the plate expiration year stickers for NH, CT and RI plates? (you know, the little registration stickers on the top or bottom right corners).

·
1,952 Posts
PatrickMagnan said:
If you work for a police dept you can call the locall RMV in all those states.
Actually, if the other states are anything like MA RMV... he should kill himself, he'd get further in life than trying to talk to a human being at the RMV via phone.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Crvtte65 said:
Actually, if the other states are anything like MA RMV... he should kill himself, he'd get further in life than trying to talk to a human being at the RMV via phone.
Kate - Thank you! You rule! But you already know that, :lol: :baby01: We get tons of CT people in my area, I've just never really taken the time to determine the stickers.

Patrick, I do work for a police dept. Like crvtte65 said, That's my point, I know I would never get through to a human by calling other RMV/DMV's. I rather just throw the question out there and guys that work in or Near RI, CT, or NH would have the knowledge to answer the question.

·
Needs more complaints
4,309 Posts
It's much easier to call the closest SP barracks of that state, rather the RMV/DMV or whatever.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
RPD931 said:
Kate - Thank you! You rule! But you already know that, :lol: :baby01: We get tons of CT people in my area, I've just never really taken the time to determine the stickers.
Thanks buddy! Living down here I've picked up on the inserts....oh and 2003 is purple..You still see some of those around every now and then. I saw one the other day that was 2000...if I was in a cruiser the lights/siren would have been on. It's so simple and NO ONE does it, it's so frustrating...but it's the easy way to find unregistered people :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
RPD931 said:

This info is for CT plates-Ever see those ORANGE stickers which read "60 DAYS"?-Those are Temporary registrations issued by on-line car dealers. If the dealer attempts to register the car and DMV records show past due MV taxes, rather than kill the car sale the dealer issues the 60 DAYS sticker with DMV form K326 or B326 "Temporary On Line Registration Certificate Issued By Licensed CT Dealer Or Leasing Co." (yellow 5"x8-1/2"). The dealers frequently dont enter the expiration or issue dates. Check the CT registration listing for the Transaction date - if more than 60 days have passed stop the car and check the paperwork.
IMPORTANT-FROM DATE OF ISSUE, THE PLATE WITH THE 60 DAYS STICKER WILL SHOW A VALID 2 YEAR EXPIRATION DATE. IT IS NEVER ENTERED INTO THE CT DMV FILES WITH A 60 DAY EXPIRATION DATE. THE ONLY WAY TO CHECK IF REGISTRATION IS EXPIRED OR VALID IS TO STOP THE VEHICLE AND CHECK THE PAPERWORK! (99.9% of CT cops don't know this).

Of course, DMV never told us this when they announced the purpose of this sticker.

If the owner does not pay the taxes, the registration expires and at approximately the 100 day date, the plate gets CANCELLED and the registration listing should show this. If owner pays the taxes then DMV mails out a 2 year registration and a 2 year sticker

ALSO JUST ANNOUNCED 11/15/05-CONNECTICUT WILL BE GOING TO WINDSHIELD MOUNTED REGISTRATION STICKERS IN SUMMER OF 2006 YOU CAN SEE THE PRESS RELEASE ON HOMEPAGE OF CT DMV -WWW.DMVCT.ORG

G

·
I have stopped a few NJ residents w/o out stickers. They all state that the stickers are no longer being issued. Anyvody know if that is true or is that a popular lie now in NJ? If so can I now stop all NJ MVs to check for valid registration (I know that would be wishful thinking)?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts