Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the interest of shifting focus from "wearing blazers" and "MGH"
:sl: :sl: :sl: :sl:
Where's any discussion of the OUI w/fatal by Bridgewater State student just off-campus?
How many of our Brothers/Sisters have seen these lately? Any thoughts/stories?
:eek:

·
Registered
547 Posts
I go to BSC, and I'm curious as to how this will affect the campus. I know all of it happened OFF campus, but 3 of the 4 people involved were/are BSC students. I just wonder how the college is going to show that they're serious about underage drinking and all of that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
MPD61, thankyou for the topic. I'm sure OUI is on the minds of a lot of people, given the recent news coverage of the latest OUI tragedy as well as the coverage of Melanie's Bill. Of course, the holiday season is rapidly approaching, bringing with it holiday cheer by the pint. But, what is there to say that hasn't already been said, or hasn't been said enough?

Well, for one, thankyou to all of you who have pulled a drunk driver off the road before they had the opportunity to hurt me, my family, my friends or anyone else who would otherwise have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. Thankyou in advance to all of you who WILL pull a drunk driver off the road before they get the opportunity to hurt me, my family, my friends or anyone else who would otherwise find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm sorry that did not happen in Bridgewater for the victims or their families.

Badogg88, I'm sure an awful lot of readers have asked this question under this and many other contexts. If I were a betting man, I would put my money on a period of increased enforcement that eventually returns to pre-collision levels after the emotional impact has worn off. Underaged drinking has become so ingrained in this culture, especially among college students, that one institution can barely hope to stem the activty, let alone stop it. Maybe more people will be stopped in the coming weeks. Maybe more alcohol will be confiscated and maybe more arrests will be made for alcohol related activity. It's possible that school administrators may expel a few more people. Unless there is a change in policy or law, these efforts will eventually be left to the vigilance of the individual and not the whim of the organization. :sad:

Stay safe, all.

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
I'm have no doubt the college is serious about underage drinking. Do you expect them to keep tabs on students, all they can do is stricktly enforce the underage drinking laws, which I know they do quite well.

·
8,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right on Buddy!

Anybody in ANY jurisdiction should be looking really hard for these targets! I know BSC does a good job. I know the D.A. is looking for where this 19 year old got her liquor. Anybody hear yet?:/:

·
Registered
20 Posts
It was said that she was a a party in town, and the male party that was hosting stated that she was not a guest of his. He stated that he took her keys, but was not sure how she got them back. I'm sure that more info will follow in the next few days.

·
8,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Delta784 said:
Did the BSC Police ever get that foolishness with the citation books straightened out?
Delta,

It's Bill#2132 and straightens out the foolishness for All State/Community Colleges. Look for it here in this section.

CH.90 Senate bill 775 is the title.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I usually don't respond to most post's on the forum, but I will put my input on this one. OUI's happen all to often in and around college campus's. It was just a matter of time before a tragic accident happened, it could have been anywhere. I work the midnight shift at Westfield State College and after the bar's close in town the roads are a disaster waiting to happen. Most of the time it's hard to go out and actively search for these types of arrest's due to lack of manpower. Getting tied up with a OUI arrest, as we all know is at least a two or three hour process from the beginning to end. I am pretty sure that I am not alone by making this statement, but I enjoy making these types of arrest to avoid these types tragedies. I hope this is a wake up call for all the student's who say, "it won't happen to me".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.