Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is some wacky news about our great OUI laws. A week ago I saw a kid driving around that I arrested a month ago on an OUI. He received a 210 day suspensions as he was under 21 and he did submit to a BT. He was reinstated fully with no restrictions. Called the DA office and they said the following.

If you arrest a person tonight, submits to a BT, gets arraigned in the morning and accepts the 24D program(either that day or later) within 3 days of the plea they can get their license reinstated. If they refuse the BT but take the program, within 10 days they apply for reinstatement. So the suspensions are null and void and this supercedes it. What wonderfull laws we have in this great Commonwealth. :no:

Now this is the part that was never taught in the academy, at least mine.

·
Subscribing Member
771 Posts
I believe it may be a hardship license. There was something posted recently at the station on this. I will look it up tomorrow and provide further information.

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
If you can drink 6 beers and two shots of Jack Danieils within 1 hour you can have your license back with up grade to a CDL. Plead guilty within 24 hours and we give you a motorcycle license at no additional charge :beer: :martini: :thumbup:

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Anyone know how long it takes for an OUI to show on the BOP or LEAPS? I had a guy who's license was expired, but he actually only had a "temporary License/notice for suspension" for chem test fail. The paper was nearly a week and a half old and only good for 24 hours after issuance. And his license status only showed in leaps as expired not suspended.... Needless to say I cited him for the red light he blew and summonsed for the Expired License....

·
Subscribing Member
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RPD, I had the same problem. OUI will show up on BOP at arraignment day. I had a guy with a temp and nothing was on his KQ and his status was active, should have been ACT/NDU. OAT said it was a RMV problem. It caught up four days later. I think they are entered manually now. WHen we used to send them in via CJIS , it was automatic. Also I did ask the DA if it was a hardship license and she said it was not. A hardship license would have a restriction on it (time), this one didn't which confirms DA office.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts