Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
I believe they hired at least one off the last test.

I find it ridiculous that they do not go back to their pool from the last list they established. I believe it was less than a year ago to the best of my knowledge when they offered the test. Its a sad state of affairs when most departments use tests to create a new tax base to fund their department.

That being sad I took many of these types of department tests before I finally was selected for a position. You will miss every swing you do not take.

G

·
Writing my congress persons tonight. Making a profit off of hiring is bullshit. (and I have a job, I'm not taking these.)

Posted while GL 90 § 13B

·
Registered
50 Posts
They hired one off the last list. Its weird how they aren't using it again. The test was less than 7 months ago. Best of luck to all that apply

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,842 Posts
They hired one off the last list. Its weird how they aren't using it again. The test was less than 7 months ago. Best of luck to all that apply
Wow, 7 months ago? I can see 2 years, as that seems to feel like the norm but now it's starting to get REAL obvious that departments are only interested in the money, and not selecting qualified candidates.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can only sit for the test once every 12 months, so they are combining their old list with the results of the test being given next month. But if I understand correctly, if you took the test for them 7 months ago you still have to pay the $90- to have your name transferred over to be included on their new list. All about money.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes. 240Robert beat me to it, but this is taken right off their FAQ's on the website link listed above.

Can I take the CWH Entrance Exam again if I have taken this exam with another department within the past 12 months?

Anyone who has participated in the entrance exam given by PES may not sit for the exam
again within a 12 month period. However, the Orleans PD will be accepting previous test
scores from anyone having tested within the past year. If you are interested in having your
last
PES test score added to the Orleans candidate list, please complete the registration
process, and notify us by email which exam you previously participated in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just confirmed that it is definitely another $90.00 to transfer your score from the old list to the new. Also, I heard (a rumor at this point) that they are already courting someone from Nantucket PD to transfer over. Why even bother having the test????

G

·
Just confirmed that it is definitely another $90.00 to transfer your score from the old list to the new. Also, I heard (a rumor at this point) that they are already courting someone from Nantucket PD to transfer over. Why even bother having the test????
Because lots of suckers will gladly hand over $90 to take the test or have their score transferred.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Delta, you are absolutely right... Just seems wrong, a lot of these guys don't have that kind of money for a test (or to transfer their score) for a department that is already courting someone for the vacancy.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Also, I heard (a rumor at this point) that they are already courting someone from Nantucket PD to transfer over. Why even bother having the test????
Hard to judge what's credible and what's not sometimes, but reading this is a bit disheartening because I was considering taking a drive from Western Mass to take this test.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts