Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have their boots? I'm thinking about getting the 9" side-zip boot for the academy. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hum...I can't edit the last post, so my husband wanted me to tell you all that I'm having difficulty finding boots 'cuz I'm a female and these are the best I've found so far...again, any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
400 Posts
kttref said:
Hum...I can't edit the last post, so my husband wanted me to tell you all that I'm having difficulty finding boots 'cuz I'm a female and these are the best I've found so far...again, any thoughts would be appreciated.
I had a pair and did not care for them, I own a pair of Rocky boots now (the 9 or 10 inch side zip) very comfy wouldn't wear anything else. Also they have the polishable heel and toe. You can get by with the Orig. Swat boots if need be.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yours is the first negative thing I've heard about them to tell you the truth. What was it you didn't like about them? I heard they were good quality boot that were very comfy. I'd love specifics! Thanks.

·
Registered
400 Posts
The sides of the boot that I had were too padded if you can believe that, it sort of felt like wearing snow boots all the time and was too warm in the heat. Also the leather area on the toe seemed to get deeply scratched and scuffed easily and could not be covered with polish. I believe they may have been using a low quality leather product.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have never worn the original swat boots, but have you ever had or tried Bates ultra lights or any other of Bates boot products? I would definitely recomend them, my .02

Good luck and Stay safe.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've never had any boots, I suppose that's why I'm asking. I'll have to find a retailer that stocks Bates and try them. Their price isn't too much different then SWAT. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts