Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tasers

I am currently in an academy in NY State and my department carries tasers, but only the Sgt's and designated officers. I think there is at least one or two per section each shift. We have to get tased in the academy so we know what it feels like. One of the departments SGT'S did a test for the media when they first were put in use to prove that they are not in normal circumstances lethal. He was able to stay on his knees and crawl for a maximum of 7 seconds and that was fighting with everything he had. Our instructors have told use that is extremely rare, 99% of people are immediately unable to move. I will let you know when I fell it for myself....

I couldn't get the video to play so I don't know the Sheriff went through.........

·
Registered
157 Posts
Tasers

During one in-service class a while ago, the good Captain Cardalino mentioned that he volunteered to be the test dummy for a taser demonstration. He said that not only did he urinate himself but also deficated as well, now if only someone had a video of that one...anyone else hear him tell that story?

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,803 Posts
Tasers are NOT a good idea for individual issue!!!! We've got enough tools on the belt.
I would say they have their place, but only in special circumstances for limited applications. (like flash/bangs, bean bag munitions, etc)

BTW..............
I would rather be peppered ten more times and even kicked in the cajones once, than to EVER let someone hit me with prongs and 50,000 volts as part of any academy.
:shock:

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mpd61 said:
BTW..............
I would rather be peppered ten more times and even kicked in the cajones once, than to EVER let someone hit me with prongs and 50,000 volts as part of any academy.
:shock:
GOOD POINT!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.