OpenFox MessengerIMC help needed Run partial plates? MERGED | Page 3 | MassCops

OpenFox MessengerIMC help needed Run partial plates? MERGED

Discussion in 'Dispatch / Communications' started by Lookinforacopjob, Oct 10, 2012.

1. GMass

GMass Guest

PM me his email. I've got a few things I'd like to tell him

niteowl1970 likes this.
  2. Harley387

Harley387 MassCops Member

I just had a parolee who I couldn't run due to the system being down for maintenance. Ugh.

3. USM C-2

USM C-2 MassCops Member

Be thankful. MJIS doesn't do partial tags, there is NO instate warrant database - if it ain't on NCIC, your only hope is to call whatever agency you THINK might have a warrant.

Supposedly ROs are coming online...maybe warrants later, maybe not.

Plus we are using ARMS Mobile NCIC client, and it works only when the network gods smile down upon you...

4. corsair

corsair Guest

Just how exactly is CJIS3 better on CJIS1 you could run multiple olns and multiple registrations on CJIS2 you could no longer run multiple regs but you could still run multiple olns on CJIS3 I cannot even get the results on an out of state registration no matter what I try. Just how high was the douchebag that designed this program and the check mate move was to eliminate LEAPS at the same time for this nightmare FOX Messanger.

5. GMass

GMass Guest

Aren't protective orders required to be in NCIC under VAWA?

6. Edmizer1

Edmizer1 MassCops Member

I atteneded one of the trainings as a LEAPS rep. A dispatch supervisor from a PD who has a rep for being very smart asked some very pointed questions on why some of the screens seemed to have gone backwards in terms of usefulness. The CJIS rep finally said that since the software comes from the state, they must send the software to a state lab to get it cetified as being ADA compliant. These labs mandate that the software be set up in a way that makes them next to useless.

7. corsair

corsair Guest

That's just great news. :(

8. Duramax911

Duramax911 MassCops Member

It's amazing how DCJIS could pull the plug on the old main frame and put this system on line with little to no testing. While I think the Open Fox Messenger will be a good solution in terms of entering things (people, vehicle etc) it seems a lot of the functionality folks on the road using in CJIS Web has disappeared. No more QHot to print the stolen vehicle hot sheet, no use of the F-Keys. Seems they could have made the query info in the left margin buttons, rather than just a little button one has to scroll over to and click to get the information because its so small.

I know DCJIS is working to improve the system, but why not beta test it with a few depts and roll out a product that will make field use easier.....

Just my $.02. Sorry for the rant

corsair likes this.
  9. GMass

GMass Guest

WTF? Chapter and section, EOPPSS.

10. GMass

GMass Guest

You can make shortcuts that will appear on the list of queries so you don't have to navigate the folder structure every time you need to do something.

11. Duramax911

Duramax911 MassCops Member

I was referring to the query info that came up once you ran a plate or a person and the query information comes up on the left side of the screen. Was this the same G?

12. GMass

GMass Guest

Now I'm confused entirely. My post was in reply to your lack of F-key shortcuts

13. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

I think the confusion is from Open Fox and CJIS Web comments getting mixed up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2