OpenFox MessengerIMC help needed Run partial plates? MERGED | Page 2 | MassCops

OpenFox MessengerIMC help needed Run partial plates? MERGED

Discussion in 'Dispatch / Communications' started by Lookinforacopjob, Oct 10, 2012.

1. USAMass90

USAMass90 MassCops Member

You're right, I forgot to add that I could find them using the command line also... However I used "AMCC" (unlike leaps, no space) and CERTR as usual.

However, what I was told by CJIS support was that (as you said) no link in the folders and that the forms were not complete yet. He said this because if you look at the very top of the forms it says "DESTINATION" ... w/ two fields. One should say RMV the other (your three letter dept code). In this instance it had both fields with my dept. code.

My point is... WHY implement a new system if you haven't even got all the forms in. I've just been telling my guys no certified copies. My fellow coworkers and I have created a list for once the forms are activated. This way we know they actually go through.

2. USAMass90

Just before I left work tonight (around 0030hrs), my co-worker got a BOLO from a PD in MA that is pretty far from our region. I'm almost certain that is the first message we have received in over 24 hours.

I use to complain that the damn dot matrix printer would go off at all inconvenient times (911's, Radio Transmissions, etc). I'd usually have a stack of useless messages at the end of the night. Now I haven't even got ONE message?!

While you brought up the "GBC"... I used to be able to send AM's to "SEM" (S.E. Mass) ... guess I cant anymore... guess I'm sending it to the entire state of "MA" now?? Any info on this?

What about "QWHO" for MA Dept. Info (such as ORI's, etc)?? And "NLHLP" (nlets help) to get information on different state's plate types, how to run, etc.

Finally, has anyone looked at the CJIS REF #'s on MA Warrants in WMS? My co-worker and I noticed that they're changing from the simple "W#######" and adding additional letters. Has anyone noticed this or can shed some light?

3. 7MPOC

7MPOC MassCops Member

Still no IMC as of now, I was told "we're working on it". Cjis Web works occasionally if your lucky enough to get by the five certificate errors before you get a TIMED OUT message. Open fox is printing information sideways on our printers, yes sideways! And oh by the way if your trying to run out of state ANYTHING you might as well enter yourself as a Q5 before the process to save yourself sometime.

MSP75 likes this.
  4. GMass

GMass Guest

I haven't looked at WMS. If I can take a break from netflix, I'll take a look at it. Don't hold your breath ;)

Posted while GL 90 § 13B

5. GMass

GMass Guest

Google.

Posted while GL 90 § 13B

lofu likes this.
  6. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

Get "The Blue Book" for New England region. One can never go wrong with a good old printed book.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

7. USAMass90

If i'm told to call a PD that I don't have a number for, I usually call on the PSAP (2-way) and ask them for their business line number. But that's only if I don't have time to look it up by some other means. (i.e., 411, our "blue book" that's falling apart, etc).

8. GMass

GMass Guest

Same system Boston uses? Yea. Leaves a lot to be desired.

I've used a few different systems, and also have seen a few others. You really can't go wrong with IMC in this state. Although it was purchased by an out-of-state company, it was originally designed in Mass by people with a thorough understanding and education about the legal system here. The data compilation is great, no entering the same info into multiple places, Complaint Applications are completed correctly, etc.. Very happy with it.

That said: IMC/LAN running very fast right now. There is a "CJIS Hotfile" check that's being done now. No idea what that is, but it's new.

7MPOC likes this.
  9. 7MPOC

7MPOC MassCops Member

Imc is up and running. I noticed the hotfile too, working well now.

10. USAMass90

I think that has something to do with the new CJIS Web 3.0... If you'll notice there's a check on that "QWA Person/Lic/Vehicle" (or something to that effect). I think that's the "hotfile thing"

I'm loving IMC right now b/c it's the only thing that gives me the Plates & License info in the regular "old fashion" layout like when you ran the "Q2 ONE" task on the LEAPS computer. All this new layout crap with OpenFox Messenger and CJIS Web 3.0 has me looking all over for the ACTV status, vehicle descriptions, etc. lol

11. USAMass90

Can I just tell you how much I HATE the new OpenFox Messenger client. Does anyone else want their BLUE SCREEN L.E.A.P.S. back?!

Figured I would start a thread so we can all moan and groan about how much we hate the new program.

ALSO, I figured it may be a good idea to discuss different tricks and functions we've all come across.

Since CJIS didn't really give us any "guides" other than a select few, maybe we can learn from each other?!

12. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

I thought I'd never say it but I am beginning to miss my old PacketClusterFuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corsair, mtc and USMCMP5811 like this.
  13. GMass

GMass Guest

We are NOT getting NCIC checks on persons or vehicles using the Q2 or Vehicle queries via IMC. Also NLETS DQ and RQ via IMC aren't being returned.

Fuckit. I still get paid every Thursday, regardless of what works and doesn't.

USAMass90 and mtc like this.
  14. USAMass90

Now that you mentioned the NCIC on IMC thing... It wasn't coming back for me either. WTF!!

15. TopCop24

TopCop24 Working in the land of misfit toys

I miss the noise of the teletype

16. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

I know.. For some it was their 0130 and 0650 wake-up calls.

mtc and USAMass90 like this.
  17. 7MPOC

7MPOC MassCops Member

No mri's either, but cjis is aware of it.

18. Edmizer1

Edmizer1 MassCops Member

Has anyone talked with DCJIS? Just got word from my dispatch about it.

19. GMass

GMass Guest

About... what?

20. Edmizer1

Edmizer1 MassCops Member

We are NOT getting NCIC checks on persons or vehicles using the Q2 or Vehicle queries via IMC. Also NLETS DQ and RQ via IMC aren't being returned.

Fuckit. I still get paid every Thursday, regardless of what works and doesn't.​
    Now that you mentioned the NCIC on IMC thing... It wasn't coming back for me either. WTF!!

21. niteowl1970

I'm glad I'm out on medical leave.

22. Oscar8

Oscar8 MassCops Member

Yup... blows canal water....
    Sounds reminiscent of Mr. Cardalino.

23. USM C-2

USM C-2 MassCops Member

"Yer ass is suckin' canal water..." as he chews on a plastic coffee stirrer.

24. Harley387

Harley387 MassCops Member

I love how CJISWEB will show alerts, but you can't see what the f$&k they are.

LawMan3 likes this.
  25. GMass

GMass Guest

Haven't experienced that

26. niteowl1970

At the "training" I attended on October 5th, Tom Slater himself told us that CJISWEB will be constantly evolving and have frequent updates and to e-mail in suggestions on how to improve the user experience.