OpenFox MessengerIMC help needed Run partial plates? MERGED | MassCops

OpenFox MessengerIMC help needed Run partial plates? MERGED

Discussion in 'Dispatch / Communications' started by Lookinforacopjob, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Lookinforacopjob

Lookinforacopjob MassCops Member

I need help running a partial plate on IMC. Can anyone guide me through how the hell to do it? If not on IMC, I will take CJIS info. Help please...

2. Nightstalker

Nightstalker MassCops Member

3. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

CJISWeb 3.0 is going to revolutionize law enforcement. November 3rd will begin a new dawn. :cool:

MSP75 likes this.
  4. lofu

lofu Subscribing Member

I love the new single sign on CJISWEB. I've already used the Inmate info to find someone I couldn't find otherwise. Prob the first thing that this ADMIN has done that was actually useful and beneficial to LE.

Harley387 likes this.
  5. GMass

GMass Guest

For partial plate, RMVweb is the way to go. It allows more parameters then just part of the plate, such as make, model and color.

While powerful, advanced cjis queries via IMC leave a to be desired.

Posted while GL 90 § 13B

Dan Stark likes this.
  6. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

I agree. For once someone made a good decision. All the extra resources available on the CJIS single sign on page are a huge help.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

lofu likes this.
  7. GMass

GMass Guest

No more begging your cjis rep to give you access to.various resources, and deal with the "why do you need that?" questions ....

Posted while GL 90 § 13B

8. TopCop24

TopCop24 Working in the land of misfit toys

How do you access these new features for the CJIS single sign on? I always get the certificate error then just go to CJIS

9. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

On warning page, select "Continue to this website (not recommended)".

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

lofu and niteowl1970 like this.
  10. GMass

GMass Guest

If you use Firefox you can permanently accept the certificate so you don't deal with the promot each time, only the first time you use each feature

Posted while GL 90 § 13B

Oscar8 and niteowl1970 like this.
  11. niteowl1970

You are correct about CJISWEB... A test version of OpenFox is available (I like it), but the new CJISWEB will go live on November 3rd and no test version is available. One good thing is that CJISWEB RMV is included in this version. I don't mind not having the cold screens, but I'm sitting on my ass in a building. LEO's on the road are the ones that are getting shafted in this deal.

from a practicality standpoint I think this is a downgrade. We were told at the training that the new version was made to comply with the Americans With Disabilities Act.

12. GMass

GMass Guest

MTC, it's my understanding that the training is geared towards the reps regarding converting to the new system (mainly hardware and username/password logistics), and not training on how to actually use the interface. I don't think you're missing much, unless you're responsible for trashing the Burns Grant machines and ordering new CPUs and setting up the switches.

I agree that the training book / DVD are useless. I spent exactly 2.6 minutes with it at work until it got launched back on the desk and I resumed facbooking with my free time. Then again, the current "CJIS Training Guide" isn't any more usefull in training a user how to use it. It's just a rules book with instructions on how not to get yourself in hot water (i.e., III-ing the President, Q2ing your neighbor who you think is laying pipe to your wife when you're at work, etc.).

I think a little time with the system will be all that's necessary. We know our resources, we just have to learn how to access them on a new interfaces. Knowing what we need to do when given a plate, S-number, etc. is truly the hard part to grasp that separate a radio answerer from dispatchers.

Hopefully CJISweb is still around. There's little I need other than IMC and CjisWeb unless I'm not interested in leaving a MRI :D, and even then there's sneaky tricks.

13. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

I was under the impression that there is the new Fox Messenger program and terminals to replace the old LEAPS terminals. Then there is the upgrade for CJISweb, called CJISweb 3.
    Listening to some of these comments, it sounds like there is only one program. I watched the training video posted on the intranet for Fox Messenger. It seems like a nice replacement for the archaic system still at the desk.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

14. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

My question is, why do DL images always go down between 9:30-10pm every friggin night? Wouldn't it make sense to do any system maintenance or upgrades between 4-5am?

MSP75 likes this.
  15. niteowl1970

They go down between 0300-0400 too. I guess they need to inconvenience 2 shifts.

USMCMP5811, lofu and Delta784 like this.
  16. 7MPOC

7MPOC MassCops Member

Anyone able to run plates with IMC since the state went live with the new open fox or are you getting an invalid ori message? CjisWeb slow and barely work as well?

17. bok

bok MassCops Member

>>>Some problems observed with a patrol perspective;
    The system times out somewhere around 15 minutes or even earlier; when this occurs you have to go through multiple sign-ins to hopefully get back which leads me to the ERROR messages I received over and over and over until I finally gave up with using my laptop as of just yesterday. IT is understandable that with any new system there will be issues however they have had quite some time to make sure that this technological change would be amendable to success....Pathetic !

18. GMass

GMass Guest

7, I did have an issued late last week with an ORI error that I couldn't resolve (and I don't get paid to do the IMC stuff, so I didn't try fixing it beyond a full reset of the IMC switch). I'm not sure what the resolution was.

Yesterday IMC went down, but a full reset of the IMC switch resolved it and I got back the queries very quickly. That said, our IMCswitch goes down several times a week anyways, so I don't know if it had anything to do with the cutover. As mentioned above, because I don't get the stipend for being the alleged computer guru, I don't do any diagnostics other than resetting the computer. Fuckem.

CjisWeb was pretty slow yesterday and even failed to connect. We also did not get ANY administrative messages through OpenFox. I contacted DCJIS who stated it was a state-wide issue they were working to resolve.

19. 7MPOC

7MPOC MassCops Member

ok thanks. cjis told me its state wide earlier, and ofcourse you sit on hold with imc for hours so im guessing everyone in the state is flooding them trying to figure out what is going on. If Imc worked it would be fine because you can do/run everything with it and use CjisWeb as a back up. Unfortunately nothing seems to work....

20. 7MPOC

7MPOC MassCops Member

bok, I agree, its bizarre that it times out in a few minutes and you have to keep logging in. Dont get why they put a timer on it...

21. USAMass90

USAMass90 MassCops Member

I thought OpenFox would be a program that would replace and/or do MORE than the old LEAPS & dot matrix style machine. The truth is, it has improved in certain aspects while declining in others.

For instance, it's going to be much easier to enter a warrant, missing person, stolen vehicle, etc. as most of the fields include a "drop down" menu.

It's lacking in the sense that when you run a WMS1 (State Warrant Query) and pull up an ACTIVE warrant, try printing it!! It is not in the same format the old LEAPS computer printed w/ a "return of service" for LEO's to sign. In fact, I'm told by CJIS Support that CJIS Web 3.0 is meant to replace some of the functions the old LEAPS computer had while CJIS OpenFox Messenger is meant for others. WTH?! Why take one program the runs it all and replace it with two programs that don't run as well.

Oh, and for the departments that are use to printing certified copies for Suspended Licenses or Revoked Registrations (AM CC or CERTR)... CJIS support tells me those "forms" have not been created on OpenFox yet. But should be by the end of the week... Again, WTH?!!?! Why roll out a program without having everything functioning?!

One thing about CJIS Web 3.0 is that it seems to "time-out" to quickly. For a small department, you may not run as many plates, but when the time comes to run one, it sure is a PAIN IN THE A** to have to log back in.

Finally, i'm glad CJIS had some sort of a training that was geared towards how OUR STATE's OpenFox would work. Enough with this "generic dvd/instruction manual" crap.

I could go ON and ON about this new (and supposedly improved) system...

22. GMass

GMass Guest

Yes, the forms DO exist. See my link below for instructions. The FORM exists, but there's no LINK in any of the folders on the left. You have to enter CC ( NOT "AM CC") or CERTR in the command line on the bottom of the screen (white space below the links, above the Windows task bar).

https://www.masscops.com/threads/openfox.112097/#post-719901

There seems to be an issue with the certificate that is coming along with the CjisWeb3.0 that is causing the timeout issue. The certificate keeps changing, thus logging you out and requiring certificate re-installation (for Firefox) or certificate re-acceptance (for IE). I'm going to play with some Firefox settings tomorrow to see if I can keep it logged in.

23. GMass

GMass Guest

There is no more MRI on CjisWeb? I'm getting them on IMC....

Are there still CJIS warrants? I can't find them. I can find NCIC and WMS on openfox, but what about CJIS (where you'll find parole, dys, etc. warrants)?

24. GMass

GMass Guest

This IS so bad. Is there any hope of getting any of the unions involved if, for no other reason, officer safety? We have no idea who we're dealing with anymore...

25. GMass

GMass Guest

You're not missing anything. Literally. No more GBCs coming through (no, not even to my inbox). No more Q2 One, or Q2 for that matter.

Fuckit. Just me and my netflix is all I need to get through a shift on the desk now.