Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.... my family and I have been involved in an ongoing property line dispute with a neighbor. To make a long story short, she had the land surveryed twice this summer by TWO different surveyors, and both marked then line at the edge of our newly paved driveway. She claims that since my mother works for the town, we are in "cahoots" with the surveyors and that she owns at least a foot over where they marked the line. If we even step on her grass she says something or calls the police.

My question is this: After this massive storm, I am outside shoveling yesterday.. no snowblower or plow. Obviously, since the property line is on the edge of my driveway, i need to throw the snow onto her beloved property, otherwise I would have to walk 15 feet with every shovelfull to put in on ours. She comes over and tell me to "throw the snow on your own god damn property." I, as usual, don't say anything because she knows i am trying to be a cop and would love to get me screwed. I continue to throw snow into a huge pile that was already there from when she had it plowed. She then comes over, and takes pictures, for the court case she thinks she is building. I know most of the cops in my town and they could care less since every time they have responded she always makes some type of rude comment because they don't rush right over. Anyone know the legalities of this? Needless to say, this women is in need of a psychological evaluation... but i am curious if "legally" i am in the wrong or right?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Encourage your neighbor to file a criminal complaint for trespassing after notice and wait until you are sup. into court. Explain your circumstance to the court (whacked out neighbor) and put an end to this.

Be polite to the police when they are called out and let them look like a raving lunatic.

The placement of snow on her property amounts to a civil tort at best. Encourage the neighbor to file a civil suit against you.

Once they exhaust all these remedies I'm sure they will fail and then have nothing to dangle over your head.

Don't let them beat you down because you want to be a cop. Just don't do anything criminal. Your situation can hardly be described as trespassing.

·
Subscribing Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everytime HPD has showed up when i've been there its been the same officer. He just refers her to land court but the latest is that she has the attorney general "investigating" the two surveyors and a possible connection with my mother who works for the building inspector. Guys... i'm telling you.. this lady is SICK!! Each time the officer came, she would say something like, "what took you so long? Were you sitting in Dunkin Donuts?". I always just ignore her becasue she needs severe mental health treatment and i deal enough with people like her at work, but the one time i ALMOST lost it was when i was under my car last summer working on it and my legs were almost on her lawn. She was mowing the grass and she came VERY close to my feet with the mower! I'm talking like a couple inches... Anyways, I'm just going to try to avoid confrontation the best i can. I know she is trying to get one of us to flip out, but a pending lawsuit isn't something i want to get involved in while applying for police jobs, but then again, my father is the homeowner so i will run the civil suit by him. I think at one point he was thinking of taking her to court for all the harassment from her.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I had the pleasure of experiencing almost identical circumstances as you described. It started the day we moved in, with the property line BS, and just went from there. He would call the PD for no reason, such as fictional noise complaints, etc. It drove me friggin crazy, but I wouldn't even so much as look at the A-hole. After 5 years, I made the best decision of all, and moved 2 miles away. Best decision of all time. You can't argue with lunatics like that, it ain't worth it.

·
Subscribing Member
1,209 Posts
My neighbor's don't complain about anything. I got great neighbor's. But when one of my neighbor's 40 year old "kids" is over, who's alcohol ladened breath could power a Volkswagen its a different story. If I am starting my motorcycle up, mowing my lawn or using my tractor or even poop scooping......If I see her car I know there is a 60% of of her coming out and screaming at me. I ignore her and she goes away, I don't feed the trolls. :roll:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts