Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nov 20, 8:51 PM (ET)

(AP) U.S. President George W. Bush, center left, reaches in to the crowd for his Secret Service Agent...
Full Image

SANTIAGO, Chile (AP) - President Bush stepped into the middle of a confrontation and pulled his lead Secret Service agent away from Chilean security officials who barred his bodyguards from entering an elegant dinner for 21 world leaders Saturday night.

Several Chilean and American agents got into a pushing and shoving match outside the cultural center where the dinner was held. The incident happened after Bush and his wife, Laura, had just posed for pictures on a red carpet with the host of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit, Chilean President Ricardo Lagos and his wife, Luisa Duran.

As Bush stepped inside, Chilean agents closed ranks at the door, blocking the president's agents from following. Stopping for more pictures, Bush noticed the fracas and turned back. He reached through the dispute and pulled his agent from the scrum and into the building.

The president, looking irritated, straightened his shirt cuffs as he went into the dinner. The incident was shown on APEC television.

"Chilean security tried to stop the president's Secret Service from accompanying him," said White House deputy press secretary Claire Buchan. "He told them they were with him and the issue was resolved."

********This link is the PIC********
http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/_BUSH_SECURTIY_FRACAS_CHILE_APEC.sff_LLJ106_20041120195831.jpg

·
BOOM!
1,353 Posts
This is a prime example of why I love President Bush. These Chilean "security" officials had to have known that the President would be accompanied by his Secret Service Detail and yet they decide to get into a pissing match and exclude the "boorish" Americans. Bush stuck up for his guys and pulled him in.

I seriously doubt that Kerry or CLinton would have done that. They had complete disdain for their Secret Service details. Clinton and his cronies treated them like maids and servants while Kerry publicly chastised an agent on his detail when Kerry fell in front of the cameras and tried to blame the agent to save face. Bush sticks up for his people, plain and simple.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Kerry would have had a convene a special session of the U.N. before he even considered such action.
Bush is an actual MAN, they seem to be few and far between these P.C. days.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I'm surprised the president didn't punch one of those flops...I would've! :D Rose would've bit the offender!

·
Subscribing Member
292 Posts
"Kerry would have had a convene a special session of the U.N. before he even considered such action.
Bush is an actual MAN, they seem to be few and far between these P.C. days.
"

You said it! In this day and age Bush is the man for the job!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.