Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 Impala was stolen Sept 5... 2 days later was found by a farmer in the middle of his field.. TOTALY BURNED. The police say my car was stolen because it looks identical to a real police car(Has antennas, all the radios in RX mode only..) by teenagers and used it to grab 47 brand new computers at the local high school.. Did this ever happened to you because you own a "look-like" police car ? On my side thats the last time i'm purchasing an impala or a PI. These are the pics of the car, even the 3.8l engine and transmission was burned, only the gear and metal didn't burn on this car.. bye-bye to my trunk mount cdm1250 vhf and uhf gm300...The only "semi-intact" part is a whelen strobe.

·
Czar of Cyncism and Satire
2,070 Posts
They'll be a hot time in the old town tonight!!

Probably some disgruntled teenage Frenchie with an axe to grind against Canada in general did that. Goes to show that trying to look like a sparky will get you "Fired Up" every time. :lol:

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Why would anyone want a car that looks like a cop car? That car is UGLY.
Plus wtf is up with putting all kinds of cop radios in the car? Is this that "mall ninja" type of thing?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Amateur Radio, and scanner for local police / fire ops.

(commercial gear some times out performs ham gear for ham comms)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As to not be able tor transmit on the police freqs, but to tx and rx on the ham bands.

·
Subscribing Member
885 Posts
I've seen that car parked on a certin street on many occassions in East Providence... and thought , wtf? Strobes and RX radios? sounds a lot less like a project car, and a lot more like a trouble car...

·
2,070 Posts
Unless he has a hell of a commute from Quebec to East Providence, I don't think it's that's the exact same car, CuriousEMT. I guess Whackerdom knows no boundries 'eh?
Crack me another Molsen 'eh hosehead!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I drive around in a cruiser 8 hours a day. Anyone who wants to drive an unmarked, retired cruiser, probably doesnt............. What is wrong with buying a regular vehicle.... there is a very wide variety of them out there............

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
So not only does this idiot buy a Psedo cop car, he spends money to make it look EVEN MORE like a cop car...with all the stalks and the radios, and the wheels that MUST have cost more because you can't even get them that way if you tried.
Truth be told, they should pull that kid (or any other persons) license for trying to be such a wanna be.

A mall ninja with wheels.

·
2,070 Posts
Pats246 & SOT_II,

You'd be surprised how many whack-job cops there are out there who drive sparked-out C/V's as their personal driving machines. I know of a couple right here on this board who do, and have all the toys in them as well. No need to drop names, you know who you are.

Like Pats246 said, I drive one 8 hours a day, my polyester / wool blend pants sticking to the naugahyde seat, making by chestnuts sizzle as they rest on the pleather. Who the hell wants to drop back into the same ride after completing an 8 or 16 hour tour?

Who wants to be flagged down to / from work by some idiot who just got into a fenderbender or worse, is being chased by a maniac with a knife or gun? Not me. Give me the anonymity of my Dodge mini-van, or as it is known around my house, le van petit.

·
Subscribing Member
885 Posts
Unless he has a hell of a commute from Quebec to East Providence, I don't think it's that's the exact same car, CuriousEMT. I guess Whackerdom knows no boundries 'eh?
Crack me another Molsen 'eh hosehead!
I am POSITIVE it was that car, or an exact replica, from the plate, wheel covers, and antenna's. Im sure it had the Quebec plate. My friend was like "you cant illegally park infront of that cop" I then made a RCMP joke about him chasing me on a horse.... then saw the car on the same street two days later..... parked....

Apparently the guy is a flake, something tells me he doesnt hold a normal job OR vacation or whatever, i'de like to track down the origins of the origional post.....

·
2,070 Posts
Nope, rusty 94 Chevy with 100,000+ miles on her. No sparky car for me thanks. Seen too many of them Wackers across from the old Doughboy in Eddie Everett Sq. for my liking.

·
Subscribing Member
451 Posts
Isn't there a law against people driving look alike cruisers? I mean c'mon, this is Mass, theres laws about everything else? In my college, theres this kid who drives a late model Caprice Classic... looks EXACTLY like an unmarked car and even has a cage in the back! Got the cop hubcaps, and spotlight too. When i get sworn in, i think i'd find a reason to pull these people over. When someone see's a cage, there gonna think its a cop... sounds like impersonation of a LE officer to me... :roll:

·
Subscribing Member
1,209 Posts
Hey matt have you been seeing the broke ass wannabe in downtown Danvers? It is a old MSP caprice,still has the push bar and siren,spotlight and about 90 antennas on the back. It is usually parking near the village food mart and Masonic hall. I have seen this guy with about 4 parking tickets over the summer cause he parks " cruiser style"..........but obviously parking enforcement see's right through this clown. :twisted:
Reminds me of the whacker from Wolfeboro and his creamsicle light bar on his "state police car"

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
The only thing close to a CV I would think of driving off duty......

·
Registered
74 Posts
Too bad they killed the Merc off for 2005. That engine was slated as an option for the '05' cruisers but I don't see too many departments forking over the bucks for extra horse power, if it does become available.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.