Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:?:
I just recently switched departments and now this one makes us wear two patches. That's one on each side of our shirt. I originally came from a one patch department and thought that was enough. It's not like we do not know who we work for anyway!
Just looking for some input to see if other feel the same.

·
Subscribing Member
1,209 Posts
We have done away with patches, all embroidered Polo shirts now or workshirts with embrodiery.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
One is enough...none is better :twisted: ! Nice picture of George Burns, STM!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I work for a two-patch department...Both are police patches.

Some officers I know work for a two-patch department, one a police patch, the other an American flag. Still a two-patch department.

MSP is a one-patch department.

Here in Western Massachusetts, I've yet to see a "no-patch" police department. I have seen 'no-patch" security departments though.

A lot of it boils down to money.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ummm I'm in the Not to be a dick category of who gives a $%&* First of all if youre workin in Mass youre lucky enough as it is. Those of us who didnt go the military route or arent lucky enough to have been called from the "Civil Circus" list had to move away to get the experience and training. So long as it's puttin money on the table and youre not succumbing yourself to bein a security guard you should feel lucky that you got a job where you did and you should be proud to wear whatever they give!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Like I said, it was just a question, but if this can get some of you upset, then you should really think about getting into another profession. That is if you are real cops and just not people who pretend to be.... :roll:

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
To answer the question, I think two patches look better.

Honestly, I could really care less. If there's a steady paycheck and benefits involved, then I'll wear a damn clownsuit if I have to.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Officer Dunngeon";p="65239 said:
To answer the question, I think two patches look better.

Honestly, I could really care less. If there's a steady paycheck and benefits involved, then I'll wear a damn clownsuit if I have to.
What do I get for a fistful of fifties and some protection?
:hump:

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
:lol: Did you just call me a whore? :lol:

Oh, wait, maybe this isn't about me...

You could end up feeling a little stretched out in the seat if that's what you're looking to pay someone to do... just guessing by your use of the smilie, of course. :p

·
Registered
968 Posts
First, I never called you a whore! :shock: I simply was talking if you were paid cash and offered you job protection would you wear the clownsuit. :wink: I made a typo putting that hump thing in....I am ashamed of myself...bad me! :oops:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I left the job and came back a few months ago and we now have two patches. It really does not matter to me as I'm just putting in a few more moths to get my time in to get my medical insurance for life them I'm out again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I hear you IMABIH. 8) I feel the same. If it were not for the money I would not be here either. I did not even want to be a cop, but I took the test for Sh.t's and giggles in the late 80's, :lol: got a 99 and a year later in the academy in 88. Now just putting in my time to the mega buck pay off with 32 at 55. Best of luck to you... :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.