Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MIAMI -- One person is dead and another injured after two Miami-Dade police officers opened fire on a vehicle in Southwest Miami-Dade Tuesday morning.Miami-Dade police said that around 3:15 a.m. they received a call of a burglary in progress in the area of Southwest 62nd Street and 127th Avenue.When an officer arrived, he noticed a vehicle driving without its lights, attempting to elude him. The officer followed and called for backup.
The vehicle then reportedly attempted to ram the officer's cruiser.Officers were able to box in the vehicle and approached it from the front and rear.That's when police said the driver threw the car into reverse. An officer standing behind the car opened fire.The driver then allegedly put the car in drive. Another officer standing in front of the car fired his weapon. The vehicle kept going a block or so. The driver lost control and hit a wall."The driver was deceased on the scene from gunshot wounds. The passenger was transported via air rescue to the Ryder Trauma Center. He is suffering from a gunshot wound," said Miami-Dade police Det. Alvaro Zabaleta.Zabaleta said there was a third individual in the back seat who was taken into custody without injuries.Ana Nistal said her two sons were in the car.Nistal, who arrived at the scene at about 5 a.m., said her 22-year-old son, Michael, was shot in the chest and taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital. Nistal said her 26-year-old son, Alexander, was driving the car."All I want to know is if my son's dead or alive. It's not right. I've been here since 4:30, and all they can tell me is, 'We need to investigate because we need to make sure that it was a correct police shooting,'" Nistal said.The injured man at Jackson Memorial Hospital was in stable condition Tuesday afternoon. Police have not confirmed the identities of the three men involved.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts