Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man Charged With Murder In Woman's Death

MANCHESTER, N.H. -- One person is dead and another person hospitalized with serious injuries after an early morning homicide, state authorities said Saturday.

Manchester police responded to 168 Valley St., where officers found the body of Edith Riley, 35. Timothy King, 21, who lived with King, was seriously injured in the incident. He remains hospitalized at Massachusetts General Hospital.

Authorities have arrested Todd Peters, 35, of Weare, and charged him with second-degree murder. Associate Attorney General Ann Rice said another tenant called police to the building early Saturday. She gave no details on what prompted the call.
There was no word on whether Peters knew the victims, whether a weapon was found or what transpired.

An autopsy for Riley is scheduled for Tuesday morning.

The state attorney general's office and Manchester police continue to investigate.

http://www.wmur.com/news/17694327/detail.html

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mother Of Six Slain, Boyfriend Injured In Manchester Home

Weare Man Charged With Murder In Woman's Death

Video: Weare Man Charged With Murder In Woman's Death

MANCHESTER, N.H. -- A mother of six is dead and another person is hospitalized with serious injuries after a man entered the apartment early Saturday morning, investigators said.

At about 4 a.m., Manchester police responded to a call at 168 Valley St., where officers found the body of Edith Riley, 35.

"We love my mom so much," Riley's son, Matt, said. "It seems like a bad dream."
"I still can't believe she's gone. I'm not really realizing it in my head," said Jennifer Tardiff, who lives in an apartment upstairs.
Timothy King, 21, Riley's live-in boyfriend, was seriously injured in the incident. He remained hospitalized at Massachusetts General Hospital by the late afternoon.
Authorities arrested Todd Peters, 35, of Weare, and charged him with second-degree murder. There was no official word on whether Peters knew the victims, whether a weapon was found or what transpired. An autopsy for Riley is scheduled for Tuesday morning.
Investigators said they do not believe the public is in danger, and they would not say whether officials anticipate making more arrests.
WMUR News 9's Aaron Kellogg reported that police streamed in and out of the house throughout the day Saturday.
Riley's relatives said someone entered her apartment, where four children were inside at the time. Relatives also said Riley's 12-year-old daughter watched and called 911. Associate Attorney General Ann Rice gave no details on what prompted the call.
"My mom was screaming for my sister, and my sister, she ran out and tried to do what she could," Matt Riley said.
Some neighbors said the homicide stemmed from a neighborhood dispute.
"I specifically said yesterday, 'Is it going to take someone to die to get this solved?' And, obviously, it did because my house is now a crime scene," Tardiff said.
The state attorney general's office and Manchester police continue to gather information and interview people in this continuing investigation.
"We all love you so and we miss you so much. It's really hard mom," Matt Riley said. "I love you so much."

http://www.wmur.com/news/17694327/detail.html

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Weare Man To Be Arraigned On Murder Charge

Relatives Shocked At Woman's Death

Video: Man Charged With Second-Degree Murder, Assault

MANCHESTER, N.H. -- A Weare, N.H., man is scheduled to be in court on Tuesday to face a charge of second-degree murder in connection with the death of a Manchester woman.

Todd Peters has been charged with killing Edith Riley, 35, over the weekend. Her boyfriend, Timothy King, 21 was seriously injured and listed in critical but stable condition at a Boston hospital.

Riley was the mother of six children, ages 18 months to 20 years. Few details have been released about her death, and her relatives said they are dealing with shock and grief.
"This is my baby sister," said Jennie Folsom, Riley's sister. "This isn't supposed to happen. We're still in disbelief. It never should have happened."

Riley was found dead at an apartment on Valley Street in Manchester early Saturday morning.

"It's been hard," Folsom said. "It's the kids that we worry about most and our parents. They're taking it really rough."

"I'm in shock. I'm still in shock," said Christine Riley, Edith Riley's niece. "She was like a sister to me."

Prosecutors said Peters will also be charged with first-degree assault at his arraignment Tuesday morning at Manchester District Court.

"We went to school with him," Folsom said. "When they told me who was arrested in connection with this, I was floored."

Friends and family said that Riley recently had expressed concerns for her safety, but investigators aren't releasing details.

"I am aware that the police were called at least within the last week," said Assistant Attorney General Ann Rice. "There were some neighborhood disputes going on. So, police are looking at whether these disputes are related to this homicide."

Peters was being held without bail. An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday morning.

Previous Story:
http://www.wmur.com/news/17705861/detail.html

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man Critically Injured In Manchester Beating Dies At Hospital

MANCHESTER, N.H. -- A man who police said was beaten alongside his girlfriend in Manchester has died.

New Hampshire Attorney General Kelly Ayotte said that 21-year-old Timothy King died Friday.

King's girlfriend, Edith Riley, 35, was also killed during the Oct. 11 incident. Police said Todd Peters, 35, of Weare, beat the couple while Riley's 12-year-old daughter was sleeping in the next room at their Valley Street apartment.
Police were called to the apartment by Riley's daughter, who woke to the sounds of her mother screaming, police said. The girl told police she walked to her open bedroom door and saw a man holding a baseball bat. She would later identify Peters as that man in a photo lineup, police said.

King's relatives said he was beaten beyond recognition.

Peters was charged with second-degree murder for the death of Riley and first-degree assault for the beating of King. A probable cause hearing is scheduled for Oct. 28 in Manchester District Court. Ayotte said she anticipates the assault charge will be upgraded.

http://www.wmur.com/news/17796898/detail.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
Timothy king is my little brother he's missed and loved so much and my niece's and nephews where in the house when this happen they r doing good now missing there mom n dad and we r missing timtim as well love u Tim so much rip

1 - 5 of 5 Posts