Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is long but I’d love to get some feed back on this. I just got in from San Diego where I attended my cousins wedding. It was a great service and we all had a blast at the reception. Its in the middle of this that things went crazy. The Cabrillo National park is a hot spot for wedding photos. There’s an old lighthouse and a gorgeous view of the ocean that a lot of photographers like to use. So, myself and the rest of the wedding party head over right after the wedding to do the photos. We were in two limos (one for bridesmaids and one for the groomsmen) and a vintage Rolls Royce that was carrying my cousin and his new bride. We did about 20 minutes of photos (felt like hours!) and were all getting back into our respective cars when the Park Police came flying up in their cruiser. We were told we were illegally parked and would be cited (the two limos each took up a few spots do to there size). So, they pulled the I.D.’s of the three drivers and THE WEDDING PARTY INCLUDING THE BRIDE AND GROOM!!! It took us forever to explain to these two that NO, the Bride in her wedding gown was not carrying any I.D. and it does not matter how many times you ask you will not get it! Then they asked for the registration for the cars – the two limos had theirs but the Rolls did not. From what the driver was saying it was a Vintage car for hire and to call the company he worked for to verify it (later we were told by the company that this is SOP for all cars in that class in L.A. and they never had a problem like this before). The cops called and then told us that yes the registration is on file BUT, that we were not in L.A. and that they had to follow the local rules and you need to have a registration in the car. To add insult to injury they qualified all of this by saying they needed to make sure we didn’t just steal the car!!! Are you kidding me!! A wedding party of 12 in tux’s and gowns and a bride and groom dressed to the nines and your questioning whether or not we stole a Rolls w/ a tuxedo clad driver and “Just Married” on the back and sides of it?! We couldn’t believe it. Needless to say we left the car and driver and headed off to the reception in the other cars. Now honestly, was there any need to check I.D.’s on everyone and to impound this car? I couldn’t believe they wrote tickets for the parking – the place was empty, This really seems to be a couple of overzealous clowns with nothing better to do. My opinion, others welcomed.

G

·
OH MY GOD, over zealous, doesnt do that any justice.

I dont what else to say,that is absoulutely ridiculious. I totally agree with you, there was no need for that at all.

Maybe they thought you where there in diguise to steel the lighthouse, :lol: . Just kidding. You know they are going for a good money on the black market, :lol: .

Well that bring true meaning to the term "A day to remember"

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
Terrorists are known to use Rolls limos to carry out their terrorist attacks or it could be your Boston accent that really got the two federals mad. Just kidding!!

From the story you told me the officers sounded like asses. Are you sure that no one in the wedding party was being a smart ass HUMMM I wounder? If there was no one being a smart ass then the two Mexican federals, I mean the two US park police were indeed being ass!

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
I'm not really sure if this is applicable to rangers, but a guy in my academy class was a former LAPD and said that he couldn't believe all of the law classes that we had to take at the Mass State Police Academy. He told me that in LA virtually all of the training was tactical in nature; firearms, unarmed combat, m/v felony stops, etc. They spent virtually no time on the law. Some of us speculated this is why LAPD is always in the glue; tactics are fine, but you need a sound knowledge of the law. Perhaps these two clowns are examples of officers trained in tactics but not law, and certainly not public relations. Or maybe they're just idiots.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.