Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some security guards and SSPOs use prescription drugs while on duty.

I am wondering has anyone experienced any simular situations with officers or security guards abusing prescription drugs, and how it was handled.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
In one sentence you say "Use", in another it’s "Abusing".
Which is it? An officer buying prescription type drugs from a dealer on the street in order to satisfy an unlawful habit.
Or, an officer taking a legally prescribed pharmaceutical in order to manage a health condition?
I’m not an expert on the employment regulations of police officers, but I think there is a distinct difference between those two scenarios.

Also, are you talking about narcotic or mind \ mood altering drugs (etc.)?
“Prescription Drugs” covers much ground. I hope your not planning on ratting out your partner for "Jonesing" over penicillin...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Who would want to work with anyone on any type of narc.meds, prescip or otherwise? If you have some type of injury severe enough to warrant narc. meds you should be riding a desk or at home riding the couch.Also, I love when my co-workers show up to work with the flu, etc. "just had to drag myself in" and share my disease. Today's lesson: if you're not 100%, stay home.:sb:

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,710 Posts
Wolfie!

Tell it like it is. Some officers are working this job on anti-hypertensives, prescription pain-relievers, hormone replacement therapy, insulin, mild anti-depressives, anti-histamines, etc. It doesn't mean they're disabled or have functional limitations. Look at Civil Service regulations and Category "A" vs. Category "B" for medical conditions. Some things might surprise you that cops can stay on the job with. Bottom line is how it affects them.

Of course the person who eats prescribed drugs like candy (abuse) should get help from EAP or something. That's common sense and NOT common occurence amongst us

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what i am reefer-ing to is my partner who lives on percocet ave and oxycotton blvd. every night he likes to just fade out and steal as much as he can. i dont feel safe and the ranks dont seam to care.

is i say anything or even slighty mention it i get in trouble and i dont even care for his racist remarks towards my other co workers.

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
I sort of have to call BS on this.
My wife has a DEA number and precribes drugs...there are some pretty strong controls in place for narcotics...with regards to doseage, number of pills, etc and so on.

If he is really doing this, either arrest him or report him...because in the end if you know he's doing it and do nothing...you are not doing your job and are going to take the fall right along with him.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i am caught in a pickel i was injured while back and its my fault i couldnt afford the perc for my knee pain, so i asked him and he has a doctor freind who gave me a prescirtion and helped me out. i got over it and he just keeps asking if i nead any more just askhim and he can get it for me.

i could get introuble to. but this fat tatooed asshole treats me like i am his hooker and he can sleep alnight on shift while he has his trip and he is just a secuirty fraud not an SSPO

·
Registered
133 Posts
You should be a man.Arrest him, then resign.If you're still using/abusing, go to rehab. No use for junkies in any job.:pirate: : ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
coastal-reba said:
what i am reefer-ing to is my partner who lives on percocet ave and oxycotton blvd. every night he likes to just fade out and steal as much as he can. i dont feel safe and the ranks dont seam to care.

is i say anything or even slighty mention it i get in trouble and i dont even care for his racist remarks towards my other co workers.
I'm with SOT on this one ..... :!:

·
Registered
32 Posts
this sounds like someone I know off. why does it sound like the Umass/memorial. DONT EVER WORK OR GO THERE.

Drugs, stealing, unlicensed SSPO with no training, doing police work , it seems they dont care about the atmosphere there. They love to rip that department. I know because I know some one there and he tells me horror stories from there. Its just one guy from what I understand its that security guard everyone is complaining about. do something about it COASTAL dont just sit there and take it with that LIABILITY.

·
Registered
13 Posts
seems like another MEMORIAL rip. They should just stop bitching and get rid of the drug dealing, food stealing,locker room rumaging, POLICE wanna be. GO make a fuss at your job and get that F'n guy fired or away from any police items. You must have dispatchers or janitors he can still work but not like what he seems to be doing now.

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
I like how the story changes slightly everytime reba posts. Also, the rapidly declining consistency of the spelling and grammar is a brilliant usage of allusion to emphasize the inner toils and tribulations suffered by our heroic protagonist at the hands of the abusive drug-addicted security guard. Nice touch. :roll:

However, one might deduce that rather than this topic being a mere sagacious work of fiction, it appears more likely that someone got shitfaced by themself and from failure in locating of a merrier source of entertainment, they contrived this exemplum for presentation to our collaboration with the hopes of obtaining a few short-lived and cheap laughs.

Anyway, I'd give it a B- for originality, at the very least.

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
P.S. Remember the old "retired" guys with the multiple screen names and the cooler? Several posters of this thread with different screen names all have the same IP address. I thought the set up of this story along with the host of replies was about the same as the other wash-jobs from the beginning... smells like the same troll.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.